We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreamliner flight upgrade.

4 posts
Save Topic
Dreamliner flight upgrade.

I'm thinking of upgrading my flights to Mexico on Boeings Dreamliner with Thomson, I've been quote about £330 each. Your opions will be most helpful.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
17,684 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreamliner flight upgrade.

"I've been quote about £330 each" - That seems quite high to me, what exactly are you getting for your money.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
30,558 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreamliner flight upgrade.

£330 seems about middle of the road for a Dreamliner upgrade. The prices varies by date and route. Even upgrades on the same route can vary between £250 and £500 if you swap flight dates by a week. They also fluctuate like the flight price.

Whether it's worth it is an entirely personal thing. Lot's of people think it's a waste of money and would sooner have it to spend in resort, others won't fly unless they upgrade.

4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreamliner flight upgrade.

Slightly bigger seat, 4 course meal unlimited drinks and more luggage allowance.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreamliner flight upgrade.

So do YOU think that's worth it tractorboy?

London, United...
Level Contributor
26,609 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreamliner flight upgrade.

As we don't know you, we can't tell you if it is worth it to you. If you can easily afford it, would like extra space ( who doesn't) etc etc,,then yes it's worth it, if not, well then,,,it's not.

4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreamliner flight upgrade.

On a holiday to Bali a couple of years ago we were walked through Business Class on a Malaysia Airways Airbus A380 (£1500 upgrade) 15 hrs later I would've killed for that seat. Just don't know what to expect for a 300 quid upgrade other than drinks and a smiley waitress!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
17,684 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreamliner flight upgrade.

I certainly wouldn't compare Thomsons Premium Economy with Malaysia Business Class and you'll be very disappointed if that's your expectations.

I personally won't fly economy on a long haul flight and would upgrade simply for the few extra inches of legroom - the drinks are irrelevant to me and I expect the same level of service from the cabin crew regardless of cabin but £330 is not a lot of money for me but it might be for you.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
886 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreamliner flight upgrade.

If you can afford it , then do it!

Kent
Level Contributor
5,337 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dreamliner flight upgrade.

we flew economy on the dreamliner to mexico and it was great for a long haul trip, we are both tall, hub is 6 ft 2 and we both had another 4 or 5 inches before our legs touched the seat in front, at the airport they were offering upgrades for £85 but only single seats and in resort they were doing it for £120 per couple but probably seperated seats, no way would i pay anything like £330, i can get a holiday for that

Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
Level Contributor
3,289 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dreamliner flight upgrade.

How much extra is an exit row seat in economy?