We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Rouge Airline Experience

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,541 posts
452 reviews
Save Topic
My Rouge Airline Experience

I check-in at Air Canada counter. We left from TO airport half hour late to San Jose Costa Rica. I was seating right behind Premium. My seat had a fair amount of leg room for me. There was a compliment soda, water, coffee service. Premium service got warm towels, juice and a menu for breakfast. Later Premium got a compliment snack. After reading all the reviews of Rouge I came prepared. I took my only breakfast and snack. I also had a good book to read. I found the flight attendant to be very helpful. We arrived on time in San Jose.

Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: My Rouge Airline Experience

All right.Overwhelming.

Edited: 10:05 am, February 26, 2014
Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,541 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Rouge Airline Experience

A fellow traveller on the flight, booked the night before and got first class for $200.00 more.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My Rouge Airline Experience

Glad you had a good flight and were prepared for the leisure-type service.

You mentioned that: "My seat had a fair amount of legroom for me". Given that the unhappy passengers have complained about the minimal legroom, do you think that the average 5'10" person could be comfortable? Or anyone taller?

And how was the seat comfort, with the new slimline seats?

Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My Rouge Airline Experience

Glad to see you were happy. This double the number of positive review I have read on Rouge. Every one else complains about the sardine class economy, the incomfortable slim line seats, the fact that LCC (Low Cost Carrier) is low cost for the carrier, not the traveler who pays according to demand and supply, the erratic I-Pad entertainment system at $10 extra, the limited carry-on space due to 30% more people in the plane and the reduce under the seat space, the nice but inexperienced FA who would be in charge of directing safety in case of emergency, the wanna be business class on A-319 and so on and so forth...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,216 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My Rouge Airline Experience

A fellow traveller on the flight, booked the night before and got first class for $200.00 more.

--------

Neither Air Canada or Rouge offer first class. They have different names for the product, but they are Business Class (at best ), certainly not First Class.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,541 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My Rouge Airline Experience

He got business class.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,541 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My Rouge Airline Experience

I am 5`6`and had 6 inch more for my legs that why I book preferred seating . I was in 4c. It was the row after business class. And yes there was move to store my bag under the seat.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My Rouge Airline Experience

Okay. You booked the Preferred seats;that explains the adequate legroom.

Actually, I was hoping that you had booked the regular seats, so you could comment on how comfortable they were with the smaller pitch.

And how did you find the new seats, for comfort?

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,541 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My Rouge Airline Experience

I had no complainants as far as comfort of the seats and the flight was 5 hours of being seated.

Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My Rouge Airline Experience

Good for you. As far as I am concerned, comfort wise, they remind me of McDonald's plastic seats, but I have seen people reading book on them. So certainly a question of personal preference I guess.