We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying with Delta - Wifi and USB charger

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Flying with Delta - Wifi and USB charger

I'm flying with Delta in a few months and was wondering whether anyone had any experience using their in flight Wifi service. I believe it is only available on their domestic flights. I'll be flying three domestic flights with Delta inside three weeks.

Is it any good? I know streaming is not allowed but what about general web surfing and messaging?

Is it worth pre ordering online or is the price the same if you purchase on the flight? I was thinking of purchasing the monthly pass as I'll be on three flights.

Also, can somebody confirm whether all seats on delta flights come with a USB port to charge your electronic devices or is this only available on international flights? I have two international flights with them too.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,094 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying with Delta - Wifi and USB charger

USB depends on the plane: delta.com/content/…in-flight-power.html

I think you only save a couple bucks with the monthly vs. 3 1 day passes so I'd want to be sure all three flights have wifi before I bought it.

Cave Creek, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying with Delta - Wifi and USB charger

I like their wifi service. I have had success streaming baseball games, but they block movie streaming (unless you're streaming from GoGo--the internet provider)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying with Delta - Wifi and USB charger

Out of 4 planes on our Vegas trip at NY - none had charging ports. Two did have Wi-Fi.

Frankfort, Indiana
Level Contributor
835 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying with Delta - Wifi and USB charger

Go to the delta website, look up your bookings, and it will tell you what is offered on each leg of your trip. I think more than likely, you'll have access to Wi-Fi on the domestic legs and USB charger on the international legs.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying with Delta - Wifi and USB charger

My international flights have USB and my domestic have WIFI. I've read on certain planes even the first 30 rows have an actual plug socket too!

I've read a few reviews from a year or two ago but not many recent ones for the WIFI.

If anyone knows anything with regards to the price too. Is it the same beforehand as it is on board?

Cave Creek, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying with Delta - Wifi and USB charger

Also Delta and GoGo are beginning installing satellite receivers on international flights in March that will offer much better bandwidth. It's not likely you'll have service in a few months, but it is possible since it's a popular route

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying with Delta - Wifi and USB charger

i'll report back in June/July.

My flights are between Seattle, LA and Detroit - all via Vegas. I might not get WIFI for the LA flight as its such a short duration.

Cave Creek, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying with Delta - Wifi and USB charger

Sunny, the better deal is for you to pay for the month-long pass. For $40, you'd have access for all your flights and you could cancel it before the next month.

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,211 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flying with Delta - Wifi and USB charger

If you buy the monthly pass it sets up to auto renew. To get around this just go in and delete your credit card after you sign up.

There is no real price advantage for buying the monthly pass in advance

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,525 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flying with Delta - Wifi and USB charger

I wouldn't buy the pass in advance, because if there's an equipment change and your flight actually doesn't have wifi, or if the wifi is out, you'd have purchased it for nothing. Just wait until you board.

Also, to reiterate what was said in #4, go on Delta's website and look up your flights. There will be symbols that tell whether the seats have chargers, wifi, etc. You can get all the anecdotal evidence you want from people on this forum, but they may or may not have flown the same equipment. I prefer to go to the source.