We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia sale

Shropshire
Level Contributor
73 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Air Asia sale

Hi. I've been waiting for Air Asia sale to buy cheap flights from HKG to KUL and Kota Bharu to KUL in July. Last November sale tickets were same price as they are today. Today AA has new sale but it's for travelling period Oct14-Apr15. Just wondering if there is any chance to buy ticlets on sale or I just need to buy whatever they have? Thank you for reply.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,540 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia sale

Hi,

No one really knows outside of AirAisa themselves.. And for obvious reasons they don't announce far in advance when a sale is coming.

That said, they do tend to run many short-term sales.. So it pays to keep a close watch..

I might also ask this... Right now, are the fares you see a good fit for you? Diss the schedule work? If so, then I might give aome thought to brooking now and locking in that fare.

While it is possible fares could go lower -- it could also be that they don't go down and/or the dates/times that are ideal for you sell out as you wait... So I would give at least some thought to the "wait and see" risk issue ...

But if you're flexible and can travel across several dates or times, that would be a big plus for you.

Travel Safe,

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,526 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia sale

AirAsia's prices are still misleading. After selecting the Promo flights at supposedly "All In" prices, continuing to the next screen the price goes up by 20% with the addition of Fuel Surcharges making them not so special after all. Why can't they be shown with the All In price other than they will then not look so attractive?!

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,337 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Asia sale

After all the extra fee's, AirAsia still offer some great prices.

Guess they're like Agoda (hotels) in that aspect, the initial price you see isn't what it actually costs (which is annoying), but it does give you an idea of whether its a good price or not

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,526 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Asia sale

I have just booked for Phuket to Gold Coast and return February 2015 and the final price with add ons was 50% more than the initial All In price. Don't get me wrong I think the final price was very good. I just think that AA and others are not as transparent as they could be. I will now register for an upgrade to Premium Class with Option Town and hope we are successful as we were two years ago when we flew to Perth.

Australia
Level Contributor
139 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Asia sale

True. But still pretty cheap. I picked up a Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne fare for AUD$350, including check in luggage. Happy with that.

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
195 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Asia sale

I bought 3 return tickets Perth to Bangkok via KL. I was able to play around with my dates and get promo prices. I am careful going through the booking process, deleting the options such as insurance and baggage ( not needed for all 3). My fares still came out cheaper than I paid for myself in 2011 on the same route.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
344 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Asia sale

Hi guys. Can anyone tell me what Option Town means ?? And what deal is with premium upgrade? Thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,526 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Asia sale

Read the information on their website at https://www.optiontown.com/ and if you put Optiontown in the Search Box you will find lots of posts about it. I would suggest posting further questions to one of those topics would get better results than on this topic.

Australia
Level Contributor
139 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Asia sale

Briefly, it allows you to purchase and enter a lottery for an upgrade or a row of seats. You are then notified hours before the flight if you are successful or not. If not, you get your money back. I've entered twice and was unsuccessful, and got refunded within 2 days.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
344 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Asia sale

Thanks will have a look into costs. Got 2 kids so thinking as we are a family of 4 chance of winning would be slim :(