We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FlyDubai

Ras Al Khaimah...
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
FlyDubai

There is definitely a growing market for low-cost airlines and my wife and I use them liberally.

Unfortunately we've had very unfortunate experiences with FlyDubai (there's "low-cost" and then there's "cheap").

Perhaps our negative experience was isolated.

Anyone else have a bad time with FlyDubai?

Muscat
Level Contributor
3 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FlyDubai

I think this airline should be renamed Fly"Duh"Bai. This was my first flight with FlyDubai. I arrived on Thursday 11 Dec 14 over 2 hours early. My ticket was not in their system even though I had a printed confirmation. 40 minutes later (and 3 gate agents) I was given a boarding pass. When I went to enter the gate the boarding pass was rejected. After waiting 20 minutes I was given another boarding pass. This was a bit frustrating, but not my major complaint.

Once seated and just before takeoff a cabin crew member, Houda, removed my carry-on bags from directly above me. When I asked her why she was doing this her reply was angry, rude and loud. "I know how to do my job, you don't tell me anything". I was shocked at her response and complained to another flight attendant. Houda proceeded to move by bags 4 rows back and on the opposite side of the plane. I explained her that this did not make a lot of sense. When we land I will have to fight my way back to get my bags. I suggested to Houda that she put my bags forward in the business class area, it was empty with only 1 person sitting there. That way I could easily grab them when I was exiting. She refused to do so. Needless to say when we landed there were a lot of unhappy passengers as I had to go against the flow and blocked everyone's exit while I got my bags. Houda’s lack of common sense and customer service was the worst I have experience in 40+ years of flying.

Landing at terminal 2 wasn't much better. 58 minutes to get my 16KG small bag.

The return flight was nearly as bad. Too few gate agents resulted in waiting 30 minutes to check in; I was 2 hours and 15 minutes early. The boarding process started 30 minutes late, no announcements letting passengers know there would be a late departure. We had to stand/wait on the bus for over 15 minutes parked next to the airplane. The flight departed 45 minutes late and arrived 35 minutes late.

While FlyDubai is a low-cost, no-frills airline there is no excuse for the boorish behavior of their cabin crew and the complete lack of customer service I experienced.

Muscat
Level Contributor
3 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FlyDubai

Just a quick followup to be fair. The COO of flydubai did follow up very quickly to my complaint and assures me this is not the standard of conduct or service. He is personally looking into the situation :-)

Dar Es Salaam...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FlyDubai

I have flown with Fly Dubai for the first time from Dar es salaam to Dubai to Dar es salaam. I enjoyed my flight which was pleasant. However, i noticed that the flight from Dubai to Dar es salaam had efficient attendants and served us very well and were were well organised then the flight from Dar es salaam to Dubai. this was my observation. Secondly, they should think about free services in the plane especially the entertainment part should be provided free of charge. Otherwise, it was great experience.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
41,417 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FlyDubai

10 pages of posts here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k34…

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FlyDubai

Well, normally do not post but as a courtesy to everyone, if you have an important appointment don't book with FlyDubai. They just cancelled their flight to Muscat, claiming *Operational issues' but believe that there was only 3 or 4 people on the flight and they decided to cancel.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
58,758 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FlyDubai

When a flight is cancelled it generally means that aircraft are probably in the wrong place for their next flight, flight crew are not in the right place for their next turn of duty, and passengers have to be compensated and accommodated on other flights.

It's these reasons that lead me to believe that airlines don't normally cancel flights just because they want to, it causes them too many additional problems to make it worthwhile. In my opinion, operational issues indicate problems that can't be resolved in the vast majority of instances, not just an empty aircraft.

B D
Noumea, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: FlyDubai

Fly Dubai Voucher scam - if you buy a refundable flight or one that has a light penalty IE circa 50 USD - should you cancel - they don't refund the balance minus penalty.

They instead provide you with a 'voucher' which can only be used on flydubai (no food or any other use). Its not stated anywhere when you pruchase the ticket - you are led to believe you will receive cash refund.

This term is contained deep inside their terms and conditions which they expect you to read - all 100,000 words and after going through 3-4 links. Under Terms and Conditions, Then scroll down to 10., then click on conditions of carriage, then scroll down to "schedule" then scroll down some more and you'll see it in 1 little paragraph. Its not even listed under refunds.

They say its part of their terms. This is crooked and deceptive conduct, avoid them if you intend to move your flight.

Please let people know, as they could endure heavy losses being misled by a crooked policy.

8. Re: FlyDubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 30, 2016