We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomas cook cancels all flights from glasgow??

Falkirk District...
1 post
Save Topic
thomas cook cancels all flights from glasgow??

I am due to fly to Benidorm with a Thomas Cook on 12.03.2014. I have just been told by the agent we booked with that thomas cook cancelled this flight back in April 2013 but our Agency have only just found out about this. We have had to accept another holiday altogether so we don't miss out on going away as we would need to wait 4weeks for a refund. Has anyone else experienced this with Thomas Cook?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,317 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thomas cook cancels all flights from glasgow??

The thread title is misleading as Thomas Cook still operate flights to numerous destinations from Glasgow even if they cancelled flights to Benidorm.

However in this case I think your agent is more at fault than Thomas Cook if the flight was cancelled in April 2013 and they claim to have only just found out.

Edited: 5:37 pm, February 18, 2014
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,036 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thomas cook cancels all flights from glasgow??

Sounds like your agent really dropped the ball on this one. They've probably missed sending you out the notification that they would have received from the tour operator.

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thomas cook cancels all flights from glasgow??

OP - think the title needs to be changed / deleted. Not fair on other people who have booked and you are unduly worrying them.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thomas cook cancels all flights from glasgow??

Yes I agree, what a misleading statement, & they have not stopped flights to Alicante, just cancelled that one, ??

5. Re: thomas cook cancels all flights from glasgow??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 21, 2015