We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Global Collect BV - Air France Partner for Bank Transfer

Brussels, Belgium
1 post
Save Topic
Global Collect BV - Air France Partner for Bank Transfer

Just dropping this advice, based on my experience. Do not pay for Air France via bank transfer. This company is completely opaque and incapable of tracking payments. Due to glitch in my bank software, I sent a double payment. They were unable to confirm receipt of the double payment or whether the double payment would be passed on to Air France. This made for one nervous week as the payment was processed at a glacial pace. Then after week of wrangling with Air France, it is now being transferred back - through Global Collect. They once again cannot confirm when they might get around to sending me back the money.

TripAdvisor won't let me post this on the Air France reviews (as the flight hasn't happened yet), so I'm dropping it here, hoping it might help other travelers.

15 replies to this topic
Hoofddorp, The...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Global Collect BV - Air France Partner for Bank Transfer

Dear Dan,

We are very apologetic for your less than optimal experience. At GlobalCollect we work very hard with our airline partners to provide seamless payment processing service. Every once is while a glitch, like the one in your banking software happens. But we do always try hard to rectify the situation satisfactorily. If we can help you with tracking information on your refund or do anything further to expedite, please contact us at: cs@globalcollect.com

Please contact us for a case review so we can actually check what happened and why it took so long to resolve the case.

Kind regards,

Customer Service department

GlobalCollect

cs@globalcollect.com

Edited: 8:16 am, February 21, 2014
Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Global Collect BV - Air France Partner for Bank Transfer

To be fair I have paid for tickets and upgrades on AF/KLM using my ABN bank account and it has worked in seconds just like a credit card.

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Global Collect BV - Air France Partner for Bank Transfer

Hi Dan,

I too am going through an awful experience with Bank Transfer to Air France. I booked my airfares through Air France website and elected to pay via bank transfer to avoid the credit card fees. When transferring the funds, I had a hitch with my online banking who transferred the amount in AUD instead of EUR. I contacted Air France to explain the situation and the first responder acknowledged my first payment and advised of the outstanding EUR amount. I proceeded to transfer the remaining amount, only to then be told I had short payed my booking. According to Air France they received my second payment (which they state was my first payment) and then received another payment which I did not make. The "second payment" did not convert correctly to the initial payment I made and now I am in a situation where I have requested my Bank to recall the funds.....I have been waiting for 2 months!!! As the money is being collected via Global Collect I can not blame Air France, BUT I am furious that my payment was "lost"! Now I am in a situation where my Air France booking is cancelled but I still don't have the money back that I paid. I am not impressed and I recommend that people do not transfer funds if it has to go through Global Collect, you money will be lost and be impossible to get back!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,571 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Global Collect BV - Air France Partner for Bank Transfer

>>elected to pay via bank transfer to avoid the credit card fees<<

For future reference, the fees for a bank transfer are usually considerably more than those for a credit card payment.

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Global Collect BV - Air France Partner for Bank Transfer

For most bank institutions that is true, but I bank with CitiBank who do not charge fees for International Bank Transfers. Hence why I made the choice to do bank transfer instead of via Credit Card.

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Global Collect BV - Air France Partner for Bank Transfer

I have recently made a bank transfer to Global Collect BV via my local bank in Malaysia.

I bought my tickets via KLM website, but my first flight out is with Airfrance then only KLM. So does this mean payment will also be made to Air france for this case? or it goes directly to KLM?

I am worried now as i have yet to retain my tickets from any party.

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Global Collect BV - Air France Partner for Bank Transfer

GlobalCollect indeed is not efficient for dealing with paying for the ticket of airfrance.

Here I contribute my experience of using globalcollect.com in China. It is really very terrible!!!

I buy the roundtrip ticket (Wuhan Paris), since I do not have a visa card in China, I have to choose the

Alipay for pay for the ticket. I found that my bank account and Alipay both show that the money has tranfered to

globalcoffect.com. But I could not receive my E-ticket because aifrance claims that airfrance do not get my

payment. So I conclude that globalcollect.com is not efficient in paying for online ticket.

This case takes me lots of time for finding what is wrong: that is, where is my money?

My suggestion for other people is that never use the third-party based online payment. It is not safe. efficient.

And it will bring you many worries!!!

It is my real experience. my email songlin.zeng@263.net

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,634 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Global Collect BV - Air France Partner for Bank Transfer

Don't put your e mail in a public forum unless you really enjoy getting spam forever and ever.

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Global Collect BV - Air France Partner for Bank Transfer

I have just booked two return Air France tickets from Singapore to Paris and done an online transfer via Global Collect as specified (my card wouldn't work for no particular reason). Now noone says they have received the money. I have no tickets and no money.

Moscow, Russia
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Global Collect BV - Air France Partner for Bank Transfer

I suppose that it works in some counties/banks and could be a problem in other. In Russia/Moscow I've paid in Oct 2015 for AirFrance tickets using "Global Collect B.V" account in Raiffeisen bank successfully. It took two days from the payment till the money arrived and I've got tickets. The only problem was with payment information from AirFrance: they say "pay to Global Collect B.V., INN=7744000302, TAX NUM=23999, ...". Actually for my records in Raiffeisen bank the "INN=23999 and KPP=775087001" and no number 7744000302 at all. The BIC=044525700 is Ok. The number KIO=24912 not used also. It helped in my case that I'm a client of the same bank, so they just checked if this account (40807810600001301824 Corr.Act 30101810200000000700) exists for company "Global Collect B.V." and then I paid for this account. Also it's important adding ID of payment in comment of payment (just say something like "AirFrance tickets 749123456789"). As result, both organizations ("Global Collect B.V." in Moscow and AirFrance) worked good for me, but I suggest paying only in Raiffeisen/Moscow (that is the same bank where they have account) and not from any other bank because of mistakes in accounting info they give at AirFrance.ru site. I hope this info helped someone or maybe AirFrace will update accounting info.

Reply to: Global Collect BV - Air France Partner for Bank Transfer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted