We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Airlines heathrow-Miami

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
American Airlines heathrow-Miami

Has anyone flown this route recently? If so how did it compare to other airlines?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,371 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American Airlines heathrow-Miami

It's no better and no worse than any other carrier --

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,853 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American Airlines heathrow-Miami

Inasmuch as this is an airline question and not an Orlando question, you'll probably get more and better answers if you post this on the Air Travel forum. tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,937 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American Airlines heathrow-Miami

.....or even the London or Miami forums.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
796 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: American Airlines heathrow-Miami

We done it In October. Was fine. Took off on time. Landed early. We were connecting to a flight around 7 I think. Can't really remember. Immigrants was a nightmare. We would of missed our flight to Orlando if it hadn't of been delayed.

The flight is fine though. Food not so nice. But you have your own personal TV which is nice.

Staff are very friendly too.

We havnt flown to Orlando with anyone else as that was our first time. So don't have much to compare to.

Next time we would make sure it wasn't through the UK so we can pre clear immigration in Dublin.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
796 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: American Airlines heathrow-Miami

Immigration not immigrants lol

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,925 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
6. Re: American Airlines heathrow-Miami

... moved from the Orlando forum to Air Travel.

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: American Airlines heathrow-Miami

As Jade mentioned MIA INS/Customs is a nightmare (how does up to 4-5hrs queueing grab ya?) as you live in Swindon seriously consider getting a flight from BRI-DUB and starting off your transatlantic flight from there and take advantage of pre-clearance at DUB and avoid the queues, yes no none stop flights but your feet will thank you, failing that consider LGW-FLL

Edited: 6:28 am, February 18, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,371 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: American Airlines heathrow-Miami

I'm sure not going to argue about the mess that is Miami immigration, but I"ll throw out that in 30 years of flying in and out of Miami, I've yet to wait more than about 90 minutes for immigration.

Not calling anyone a liar, just mentioning that waiting for 3-4 hours is not the rule.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: American Airlines heathrow-Miami

Check out skytrax reviews of Miami Airport. happened to me once and reading reviews seems I'm not alone so now avoid INS/Customs like the plague-how many times do you have to stick your hand in the fire before you realise you might get burnt?

Edited: 6:38 am, February 18, 2014
edinburgh,scotland
Level Contributor
749 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: American Airlines heathrow-Miami

Im flying edi-heathrow-miami at the end of march but with british airways will let u know how bad immigration is upon my return