We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

why luftansa not allow seat slection?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
396 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
why luftansa not allow seat slection?

Long flight from Boston to Munich, Munich to Istanbul and back home. It's crazy not let you get seats.... Why? Thank you!

Leeds, England
Level Contributor
208 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: why luftansa not allow seat slection?

There has been some issues reported on Flyertalk that have been preventing seat selection online at the moment. Some have phoned LH & got seats that way.

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,048 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: why luftansa not allow seat slection?

Yes you can (web check in 23 hours before flight or pay a fee for exit rows), you will find all the info needed on the LH website.

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: why luftansa not allow seat slection?

You might need to join their frequent flyer plan in order to select seats. It's worth a try anyway.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,509 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: why luftansa not allow seat slection?

Perhaps there is an issue in the past 15-20 hours that the PP alluded to. I had no issue getting seats about 20 hours ago on Lufthansa

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
396 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: why luftansa not allow seat slection?

Thank you all.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
520 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: why luftansa not allow seat slection?

I have a flight booked for Sept through UA but codeshare from IAH to FRA on Lufthansa and I just went to the LH website and chose seats.

I've never used Miles and More - the LH FF program, but I did join a couple of years ago - maybe that's how I was able to get our seats.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,509 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: why luftansa not allow seat slection?

Nope, no need to join miles and more to get a seat on LH. if you have your LH record locator (different from the united one) you can go to that site and with that info and your name you can get in, select your seat, save it, update and make sure that the Advance passenger info is all done and logout.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
956 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: why luftansa not allow seat slection?

I fly Lufthansa almost every four weeks. You can definitely book your seats 24 hours in advance.

You will get an email advising of this. Being a Frequent Flyer does not come into the equasion.

9. Re: why luftansa not allow seat slection?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, February 17, 2015