We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone know Southwest's schedule for releasing dates?

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
297 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Does anyone know Southwest's schedule for releasing dates?

Does anyone know when Southwest will release their next dates for booking? Right now, they have dates available through August 8, but it's been that way for a little while. I've been looking for about a month and it hasn't changed. Specifically, I'm looking to fly August 13-18.

I don't know how their calendar compares to other airlines. I only fly Southwest, but I've never looked this far in advance and I can't find it on their website anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,189 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anyone know Southwest's schedule for releasing dates?

Your dates will be available on or about March 3rd

southwest.com/html/travel-tools/index.html…

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anyone know Southwest's schedule for releasing dates?

Hi

I have been wondering about that too.

Are Southwest like other airlines who release flights cheap and then increase the price as the dates get closer. I am hoping to fly from New York to Atlanta in October.

Jackie

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,189 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anyone know Southwest's schedule for releasing dates?

<<<<<Are Southwest like other airlines who release flights cheap and then increase the price as the dates get closer

No, not necessarily. But, when the fares open, I often see a good fare for the routes I look at. It seems Southwest is having fewer sales as of late.

Southwest fares are available on a calendar. Look at the fares for your route and get an idea of what price you should expect to see when your dates become available.

You can get a Southwest credit if the fare drops. However, that may not help someone from the UK.

Edited: 11:39 am, February 11, 2014
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,517 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does anyone know Southwest's schedule for releasing dates?

"Are Southwest like other airlines who release flights cheap and then increase the price as the dates get closer."

Like most airlines, no one really knows. They can run a sale at any time.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,991 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does anyone know Southwest's schedule for releasing dates?

Just to let you know- there is fare sale on right now at Southwest- bookings through this Thursday( 2/13) but only for travel through the Spring dates- still if you want to look to see a typical sale to get sense of how those work this is the link - you have to sign up for the Click n Save e-mails and they will send it out to you each time they decide to have a sale

southwest.com/html/…click-n-save-sale.html

6. Re: Does anyone know Southwest's schedule for releasing dates?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, February 13, 2015