We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare from DFW to Norway/Sweden

Dallas
3 posts
Save Topic
Airfare from DFW to Norway/Sweden

Looking to fly in/out of either Norway or Sweden and getting close to the 6 month timeframe.

Should I look to purchase 6 months out or will the prices drop around 5-4? I know predicting airfare is impossible, but there has to be some guidelines to getting the best chance at good prices.

Thanks!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,445 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airfare from DFW to Norway/Sweden

Don't book as soon as airfares are released, don't book at the last minute. If possible, book when there's a sale. That's about it. Nobody can possible tell you if prices will be higher/lower at 6 months vs. 4 months out.

uk
Level Contributor
3,691 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfare from DFW to Norway/Sweden

If you're happy with the price book it and don't look back- best advice I think.

What would you prefer, wait 4 months and save $100 bucks or wait 4 months and pay $200 more?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,445 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airfare from DFW to Norway/Sweden

"What would you prefer, wait 4 months and save $100 bucks or wait 4 months and pay $200 more?"

Is that a trick question? :)

Dallas
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airfare from DFW to Norway/Sweden

Think it sums it up well. Find a price you're happy with and purchase tickets or take a gamble on waiting.

Thanks for the help everyone! Some day we'll crack the airline's methods ... maybe. :)

5. Re: Airfare from DFW to Norway/Sweden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, February 11, 2015