We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight search website recommendations

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,209 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Flight search website recommendations

I'm looking for recommendations for flight search websites. Usually I use Kayak, but the last couple of times I've searched I had to scroll through 2 pages of flights before I got to any that were not sold by Kayak. I can't figure out how to get rid of the 3rd party sites except to filter out "multiple airlines". I suppose I could just ignore their link and go to the airline website and see what their price is (since I'll do that eventually anyway), but I was wondering if there was a better option out there.

Thanks!

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight search website recommendations

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

This site give a great overview of fares available direct on airline websites or via an agent.

It has its limitations, but generally recommended by most on here

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,209 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight search website recommendations

Thanks. I knew there was one I'd seen on here a lot, but I couldn't remember it.

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,672 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight search website recommendations

I quite like using www.skyscanner.net - results usually bring up a price from the airline itself as well as a few (dodgy looking) third parties. I don't find it as flexible as Kayak or ITA Matrix but I find it great for a quick overview of what flights might be available.

4. Re: Flight search website recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, February 08, 2015