We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaysian Airlines

malaysia
Level Contributor
14 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Malaysian Airlines

Flew Brisbane -Kuala Lumpur with Malaysian Airlines, Business class, on 31/1/14.

Check in good..Qantas Lounge ordinary..on board crew was good, particularly the male stewards...food both meals good.. but my seat would not lay flat..best was about 45 degrees which was useless too much recline to be comfortable and not enough to sleep.

Have asked for a complimentary upgrade next flight but have not heard yet, The cabin noise was much more than the air asia flight.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,346 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaysian Airlines

Malaysian Airlines apparently uses a "regional" 330 for the BNE-KUL route so the business class is just a recliner, not even an angled-flat (and forget the flat bed).

The true flat-bed is apparently only on their 380 fleet. If you want at least an angled-flat, you should check the equipment they are using next time.

malaysia
Level Contributor
14 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaysian Airlines

If you wish to fly Brisbane -KL direct you have no choice but Mas.But I can assure you that many people were sleeping completely flat.•..well close enough...Angled lie-flat seat with 12-degree sleeping angle.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,743 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaysian Airlines

That must have been uncomfortable. Did you ask to move seats, or was it full?

I also complained once to malaysia Airlines due to a lack of food and the business lounge being closed in Auckland, but all they offered me in return was an invitation to join they loyalty programme Enrich ( which i was already a silver member at that time ! ) ! Eventually they gave me 12000 miles, but it was a long drawn out process.

God luck with the free upgrade next time…..i wouldn't hold my breath though!

Edited: 11:39 pm, February 05, 2014
malaysia
Level Contributor
14 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaysian Airlines

No..they are very well known for not ever replying to emails.

Isn't it funny Malaysian and others spend many many dollars in trying to get new customers and yet do not want to spend anything to keep the ones they have got.

Like an uograde costs them nothing if they make it available when seats available, or in your case a few miles.

It keeps you flying with them.

Part of the trouble with MAS is a lot of chiefs, who believe their own rhetoric, and not enough indians.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,346 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malaysian Airlines

If an airline upgrades a passenger for free when there are open seats up front, while the original lower class-of-travel isn't sold out, then who would want to pay premium fares?

>>>Like an uograde costs them nothing if they make it available when seats available, or in your case a few miles.

6. Re: Malaysian Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, February 08, 2015