We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aer Lingus: book now or later?

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Aer Lingus: book now or later?

I am thinking about taking an Aer Lingus flight from Paris to Dublin on June 28 this year. I've been looking at flights in the last few days and have noticed that the price for the flight jumped from USD $113 to $115 today. In your experience, is this an upward trend that will continue as I approach my planned travel date? Or do the prices just fluctuate from day to day? Is there a certain time frame in which you get the best price for Aer Lingus flights? Do they usually offer a lot of sales throughout the year?

Thank you very much!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,517 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aer Lingus: book now or later?

prices fluctuate on how many seats are sold in a particular fare bucket. They just had a summer fare sale but may likely have another one.

Have you considered Beauvais to Dublin with Ryanair?

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aer Lingus: book now or later?

Yes, I've seen that their ticket is $82 compared to $115 for Aer Lingus, but BVA is 36 miles from Paris, so I was concerned about the distance. Is it pretty easy/quick to get to Beauvais from Paris?

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aer Lingus: book now or later?

It's just rates of exchange between the dollar and the euro that causes these slight fluctuations in cost-sales at Aer Lingus tend to be for the winter months-I'd get them now just so it's out of the way as closer to the date will become more expensive and have less choice

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,552 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aer Lingus: book now or later?

I have flown Aer Lingus a number of times from Boston to various destinations in Europe and in my experience, they allocate a certain number of seats at different fares. Once that number of seats sell out, the fare jumps up to the next level. Once all the seats at that price sell out, the fare jumps again. So, definitely, book now, especially for the high summer season.

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aer Lingus: book now or later?

Okay, great advice! I will book ASAP. Thank you all!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
194 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aer Lingus: book now or later?

That sounds like a reasonable price - I would book it.

7. Re: Aer Lingus: book now or later?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, February 08, 2015