We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where you prefer to sit, front or rear of the plane 777?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Topic
Where you prefer to sit, front or rear of the plane 777?

I know economy class is a economy class, not much room, to some it does not make a difference,where they sit on the plane.

I notice more people prefer to sit in front compared to rear, some say rear has more engine noise. What is your preference?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,354 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where you prefer to sit, front or rear of the plane 777?

Hi,

There is a bit more noise as you go aft of the engines -- but to me, it's not substantially noiser than forward... I don't know that it's ever been formally measured in any clinical type setting.

The other issue is you can have a bit more "tail" shake - where the very rear of the aircraft "flutters" a bit and of course the father away you move from the fulcrum point the more pronounced the pitch and roll may be perceived.

That said, the rear on many 777's are also where you can find seat sets in a 2x configuration versus 3x which isn't all that uncommon for regular main cabin rows.

It's really a personal preference ... I personally am a front or aft kind of person myself when I fly economy on these kinds of aircraft - I try to avoid mid-cabin rows ...

Travel Safe,

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where you prefer to sit, front or rear of the plane 777?

When I am on my own, then as close to the front as possible in a window seat ( in economy only, business I tend to go to the back of the cabin). If with one other person, a section of two seats if possible, to limit interaction and close bodily contact with a third stranger. If family , hubby, daughter and myself, then a bank of three if I can get them, again to limit interaction with a fourth unknown person. Also not too close to the galley or the loos if possible.

Assuming this is all long haul, for short to mid haul, I don't really care, as long as not a middle seat if possible.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
318 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where you prefer to sit, front or rear of the plane 777?

I always go for the back and depending on loads you may bag an extra seat. 3 out of 4 rides late last year man-dxb-kul-dxb-man I got a row of 4 to myself just by watching the empty spaces.

Jo

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where you prefer to sit, front or rear of the plane 777?

Doesn't matter to me as long as it is an aisle seat....

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where you prefer to sit, front or rear of the plane 777?

The rear of the aircraft as I've never on one reversing into a mountain!!! lol

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where you prefer to sit, front or rear of the plane 777?

Use ear plugs for engine noise, unless you're watching a movie or listening to music.

London, United...
Level Contributor
736 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where you prefer to sit, front or rear of the plane 777?

Rear of the cabin for me, it seems less popular and you get more chance of an empty seat.

MrS and I try to get a pair of seats as we don't have to deal with other passengers when getting in and out of the row, also I can recline (albeit a bit more limited than other rows) with impunity as there is no one behind me.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,564 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where you prefer to sit, front or rear of the plane 777?

Exit seat ! More room to stretch your legs without the big cost of an upgrade....

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,731 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where you prefer to sit, front or rear of the plane 777?

If it's economy, an exit row or aisle seat. Don't care much whether it's front or rear (well marginally prefer front -ish so I don't have to trample over as many people to get out!).

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,751 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where you prefer to sit, front or rear of the plane 777?

Economy: I always try and book the front row. I am able to do this on Easyjet.

Business Class: Not as fussy , but upstairs if an option and away from galley or washrooms. Happy to be in the middle and always prefer an aisle seat.