We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

uk datv

Kolkata (Calcutta...
3 posts
Save Topic
uk datv

Iwill travel to cayman islands on 28th feb 2014 via london,I'll arrive london at 6.55 a.m and my nxt flight to cayman after 4 hrs from hetro airport,term-5. Should i need uk datv for this ? i m holding my work permit of cayman, shoul i need cayman visa for process uk datv ? plz. advise..........

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,044 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: uk datv

I assume you mean transit visa and if so it's impossible to answer without details of the passport nationality you are travelling under.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: uk datv

i m holding indian passport .............

Kolkata (Calcutta...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: uk datv

i am holding indian passport............

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,785 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: uk datv

I think you will need Cayman visa as well, work permit is not enough...that's what I read on Cayman website

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,044 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: uk datv

From the BA website

"Direct Airside Transit Visa for Indian nationals going to UK

Please note that the United Kingdom Home Office has announced that with effect from 16 October 2003, Indian nationals would also be included in the list of nationals who would require Direct Access Transit Visas (DATV) when in transit through the UK.

Passengers travelling with electronic tickets (e-tickets) must carry a printed itinerary showing full details of the journey and a confirmed onward booking."

britishairways.com/travel/…9

See bottom of the page.

…homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/…

6. Re: uk datv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 06, 2015