We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaiian airlines Vrs Qantas

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
5,391 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Hawaiian airlines Vrs Qantas

Am planning a trip Brisbane to Vegas. Thought go via HA to break up the trip which stops at Honolulu but was alarmed to see in seat guru they use Boeing 767-300ER (763) which states it's for short-haul flights although I consider 9 hrs flying pretty long. The plane itself seemed very basic, sharing a TV etc. Whats others experience with HA? (I've only ever flown Qantas or Singapore airlines)

Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
Level Contributor
3,713 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawaiian airlines Vrs Qantas

Qantas uses the 767 too for HNL and has ipads for IFE. Had an ipad IFE on Jetstar 'business class' last week & it it made it really awkward at meal time.

qantas.com.au/agents_us/dyn/usqf/news/201302…

Edited: 3:44 am, February 02, 2014
Townsville...
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawaiian airlines Vrs Qantas

We have flown with HA to Honolulu out of Brisbane and it was excellent. Seats were comfortable and had plenty of leg room, staff were friendly and helpful, food was good, they offer ipads for watching movies etc.I actually like flying the 767's as there is paired seating. Nothing I hate more than sitting in a threesome with a stranger beside me. The flight over is under 9 hours and return is closer to 9 and a half. Didn't even notice it really as the return flight is a daytime one.

I wouldn't hesitate flying with them again to Hawaii and plan on doing a trip to the mainland US with them also.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,363 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawaiian airlines Vrs Qantas

If you fly Qantas you will probably end up on a Jetstar flight so don't expect too much glamour. Why not take a break in LA and enjoy an A380 flight?

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawaiian airlines Vrs Qantas

If you consider the purpose of an airline is air transport from point A to point B in a safe, timely, comfortable, efficient manner and NOT an entertainment center, then the 767's with Hawaiian Airlines are great. I mean, why must an airline be an entertainment center? There is so much that can be done on your own. Chuck.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,363 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawaiian airlines Vrs Qantas

If you are going to be sitting in one seat for 9 hours why not want an entertainment centre if one is available? Does watching a couple of movies on a flight as opposed to reading a Pulitzer Prize novel somehow make you a lesser traveler?

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hawaiian airlines Vrs Qantas

Not necessarily less of a traveler, but less of a person. If you feel the contrived need to look at a video entertainment device and not use your imagination and brain, then less of a person. And why "glamor"?

From reading the postings of some tourists, having someone or something else entertain them is more important than a safe, comfortable journey. Very sad, IMHO. Chuck.

Edited: 6:01 pm, February 02, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,363 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hawaiian airlines Vrs Qantas

Sad? Less of a person?

That says it all really ... must be tiring being so superior.

Edited: 6:19 pm, February 02, 2014
Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
59,654 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hawaiian airlines Vrs Qantas

What's the matter, Chuck? Is your team losing?!

Able.............Chuck doesn't play nicely 99% of the time here, don't take it personally-he treats everyone poorly!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,363 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hawaiian airlines Vrs Qantas

I understand ... he's a Canadian so not used to better airline service .... he would probably be surprised that many airlines out there offer blankets and pillows also.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hawaiian airlines Vrs Qantas

No, not so hard being superior, just sort of natural. Able: Canadian? Wrong information will never get you anywhere.

Come on you guys, lighten up. The Hawks seem to be winning, and I try to treat everybody as they deserve. even Bronco Fans. Take care. Chuck. ;))