We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air New Zealand Skycouch?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
20 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Air New Zealand Skycouch?

Hello!

I'm a french visitor who booked a flight from LHR to LAX. At this time I didnt' book any skycouch, but when I looked my tickets I just noticed that my seat will be in the row 45.

I saw on the plan that this will be a skycouch.

I get this seat without paying for it, I wonder if it's just an option and if we will not able to "do a bed" with the seat. Fort example if the steward has to do someting and it's not automatic.

*I think I'm not clear enough due to my bad english :) sorry for that :)

Many thanks for your answer if you'll be able to understand me.

Best wihes from France

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
950 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air New Zealand Skycouch?

If you look at the air New Zealand website you will see how the sky couch works, if you are a couple travelling together it would be great but personally it's not something you'd want to share with a stranger.

Air NZ is a great airline to fly with. Sorry I can't help more. And your English is better than my French so you are doing well.

PS I would LOVE a sky couch to fly long haul on

Paris, France
Level Contributor
20 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air New Zealand Skycouch?

Hi ! Thanks for your answer.

Il looked au the Web site but my travel agent told me thé steward has To activate it if you paid for it...

I had the chance to get this seat without asking for it.

That's why I was wondering if I would better pay direct for it instead being in the cabin without using it.

Many Thanks !

Paris, France
Level Contributor
20 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air New Zealand Skycouch?

Il looked au the Web site but my travel agent told me thé steward has To activate it if you paid for it...

I had the chance to get this seat without asking for it.

That's why I was wondering if I would better pay direct for it instead being in the cabin without using it.

Many Thanks !

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,235 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Air New Zealand Skycouch?

Are you traveling alone, or are you sharing your row with a stranger? If you're sharing the row, it won't matter whether you try to pay or not, you won't be able to use the couch.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
20 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air New Zealand Skycouch?

I'll share with my husband and my daughter, so no matter at this point.

Many Thanks !

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
12,180 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air New Zealand Skycouch?

Unless you are around 100cm tall the skycouch is just unfeasible ... especially if there are 3 of you.

…ninemsn.com.au/holidaytype/budget/8245104/f…

Paris, France
Level Contributor
20 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air New Zealand Skycouch?

Interesting.... Can Just be nice for my daughter for rest her legs..

Thanks !

8. Re: Air New Zealand Skycouch?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 04, 2015