We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Modifying air/hotel package return date

Norman, ok
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Modifying air/hotel package return date

My wife and I have booked a round trip cruise from Rome (4/23 -5/3/14) and have been shopping for flights to Rome. I have seen some attractive air/hotel package deals and was wondering if it is possible (and affordable) to extend the tour return flight date. We will be visiting friends in Naples after the cruise and hope to spend about 45 days in Europe. There are some great packages that would provide extra days in Rome before the cruise for about the same price as a round trip ticket alone - if we could select a later return. Am I dreaming or is there a way to do this? Any suggestions?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,313 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Modifying air/hotel package return date

You would need to ask the tour company/agent offering these air/hotel packages.

It actually has nothing to do with the airline, even if it's a "vacations" arm of an airline (eg United Vacations) which is usually a separate company given the airline's branding .

The air tickets used for these are usually consolidator tickets purchased in bulk with unpublished fares, and it's the package provider who may be able and/or willing to vary the package.

Edited: 1:13 am, February 01, 2014
Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,265 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Modifying air/hotel package return date

There is a way of doing this. Speak to your tour operator. They are the only people who can offer any advice.

3. Re: Modifying air/hotel package return date

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 03, 2015