We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spirit airlines

Plaisance-du-Touch...
Level Contributor
154 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Spirit airlines

Still looking at flight prices.

Spirit Airlines seem to offer a very good deal but I'm a bit wary.

Feedback from anybody who's flown with them?

1. Re: Spirit airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:40 am, January 28, 2014
Edited: 8:40 am, January 28, 2014
Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero, Melton Mowbray, Elora
Level Contributor
15,252 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spirit airlines

The headline fare may look great but be prepared to pay extra for everything, including hand luggage beyond a small briefcase or woman's purse.

Note also that they provide no support when things go wrong. They have no agreements with other airlines and limited schedules, so if your flight is cancelled you can wait days for the next available flight.

Personally they would be my airline of last resort (especially if you are flying at times when weather could be a factor). If the total price including all luggage etc. was very much cheaper I might be tempted. But otherwise I would pay a few dollars more to fly with someone else.

Plaisance-du-Touch...
Level Contributor
154 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spirit airlines

Yes, I've been doing a bit of online research and the reviews are fairly awful, to put it mildly...

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,856 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spirit airlines

Yes they are awful. Here is one more.

wftv.com/news/…

Plaisance-du-Touch...
Level Contributor
154 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spirit airlines

Well, I think that settles it...

Goodbye Spirit Airlines

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Spirit airlines

Congratulations on doing your research beforehand instead of being blinded by the cheap price, booking first, and asking questions (or making complaints) later :)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1 post
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spirit airlines

Spirit Airlines is low cost but horrible service. It is not just that there service is poor, it is intentionally poor. Even when provided the opportunity to offer good customer service, they revert to process they must follow. I once had a flight cancelled and was given a short period of time to rebook the flight or lose my money. When I needed to make the flight outside that period, they denied my credit. I would definitely not recommend them.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spirit airlines

OMG! Run!... No FLY away from this airline! By far, the worst travel experience of my lifetime. They catch you with a low fare and then you are stuck paying extra for everything and horrible customer service. You need to know; They have no agreements with any other airlines or hotels or even taxi services. So, if your flight gets cancelled, they can basically do nothing for you except offer you a refund... for just the leg that they cancelled, mind you. They offered me a flight 5 days after the one that was cancelled! 5 days! I was stuck in the middle of the night in San Diego, had to drive to LAX and purchase another flight for my family in the morning with another airline and put ourselves up in a hotel for 5 hours before the flight. Never again!

Palmetto, Florida
Level Contributor
5,760 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spirit airlines

Here is today's NPR radio report on Spirit Airlines, an interview with CEO. It's rather entertaining especially if you choose the "listen to" article.

npr.org/blogs/money/2014/02/14/276973956/epi…

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,528 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Spirit airlines

I rather ride Greyhound than fly Spirit.