We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

URGENT- Hair Straighteners in cabin bag!?

Level Contributor
112 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
URGENT- Hair Straighteners in cabin bag!?

I am travelling with Qantas domestically and Malaysian Airlines internationally tomorrow and I want to pack my hair straightener in my cabin bag as it is on the expensive side. I have read through both airlines policies regarding cabin baggage and have not seen anything that prohibits hair straighteners. I do not want to get it taken, so any personal experiences with hair straighteners in cabin bags!?

Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,324 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: URGENT- Hair Straighteners in cabin bag!?

I do carry on only and have never had an issue with my straightener. Sounds like a fluke to have it be an issue

Wishaw, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: URGENT- Hair Straighteners in cabin bag!?

I've flown both domestic and international EMEA, AMS & Asia (including to/from Bristol re a previous poster ) and never had any issue with GHD's in my hand luggage.

I'd take them - no problem :-)

13. Re: URGENT- Hair Straighteners in cabin bag!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 31, 2015