We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help on uk and paris immigration

6 posts
Save Topic
Need help on uk and paris immigration

Hello, i am deen from malaysia..i have bought air ticket malaysia to london..stayed there for 4 days and i will be leaving london through eurostar to paris..and then stayed at paris for a day and then leaving paris back to malaysia through airside..my question, is this possible with only showing my passport since i am entering london airside and leaving landside; while entering paris landside and leaving airside; or do i need a special type of visa and where should i apply it?please help

6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help on uk and paris immigration

Anyone?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,896 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help on uk and paris immigration

Cross posted on the UK forum and answered there.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help on uk and paris immigration

Expecting a reply in less than 6 minutes/

Citizens of Malaysia can enter Schengen for 90 days without a visa.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,935 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help on uk and paris immigration

It's YOUR responsibility to check entry requirements, so make sure you double check.

According to TIMATIC, Malaysian citizens do not require a visa to enter France for a stay of up to 90 days. However, your passport needs to be valid for at least 3 months from your planned date of departure from the entire Schengen area, and you need confirmed onward tickets.

So, it appears that as long as your passport meets the validity requirement, and you have your confirmed air ticket back to Malaysia for the following day, you're okay.

Which is what TP posted over on the UK forum.

Edited: 2:22 am, January 27, 2014
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help on uk and paris immigration

Thanks a lot guys..

6. Re: Need help on uk and paris immigration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 29, 2015