We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thai business class on A340 600 or Malaysia airlines A380

Wales
Level Contributor
573 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Thai business class on A340 600 or Malaysia airlines A380

Does anyone have a preference or favorite? Have the option of either with similar flight times etc. Which is the better aircraft , service and seats?

Thanks for any replies

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thai business class on A340 600 or Malaysia airlines A380

Malaysian A380 every time.

Wales
Level Contributor
573 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thai business class on A340 600 or Malaysia airlines A380

I have been swaying towards that. Seats look a lot better and it's the A380 a much newer plane.

Thanks looks like Malaysia then.

Kind regards

Australia
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thai business class on A340 600 or Malaysia airlines A380

I haven't been on Thai but sept/oct flew the A380 business class with MAS - I don't particularly like flying but it gets me places, however if I could fly in the A380 every time I would. It was fantastic, so smooth and quiet. I barely felt turbulence when there supposingly was some. The cabin is very roomy and so are the toilets. I especially loved the area in front were they left snacks, water and magazines for you to have at your leisure. Also, they now have chef on call were you can choose from an extensive menu before you fly rather than what is on offer once you board.

I know you have already selected MAS but thought you would like to know if it's a good choice :D

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thai business class on A340 600 or Malaysia airlines A380

I would go for the newer hardware with MH. If service matters then go for TG.

Wales
Level Contributor
573 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thai business class on A340 600 or Malaysia airlines A380

Thanks everyone for your input. I flew A380 this past August with Emirates and Jacks24 you are right it is a wonderful aircraft. I was wondering if Thai was better all round including their seats. After having looked Malaysia does seem to have the better seat.

Nomadic the newer hardware has swayed it for me. I have flown Malaysia before and service has always been good and so has Thai. It's just the newer plane is the bonus, I think Thai need to up their game a little. They have their good service but new planes aren't there at the moment compared to their competitors.

Thanks again for your thoughts and comments.

Edited: 2:53 am, January 27, 2014
Australia
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thai business class on A340 600 or Malaysia airlines A380

That's ok Bopa, another way I normally compare is have a look on YouTube that's how I basically chose ;)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thai business class on A340 600 or Malaysia airlines A380

Agreed. TG needs to do something about their old planes

I havent noticed much improvement since they are supposed to have refurbished. TG uses A380 on a few routes to Europe as far as I know.

Edited: 7:08 am, January 27, 2014
Wales
Level Contributor
573 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thai business class on A340 600 or Malaysia airlines A380

I've looked at YouTube it is quite helpful I must say!! Nomadic it would be so much better if they used A380s from London but I did read that is someway off if at all. A real shame if you ask me. Started flying Thai many years ago and it took them until 2-3 years ago to fit individual screens!! They really need to sort themselves out. They think the fact they fly direct is their trump card and don't worry about anything else. Trouble is there are so many better airlines out there even if they are not direct!!

Anyway I took the plunge and I'm booked so really happy about that.

Thanks once again for your input.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,912 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thai business class on A340 600 or Malaysia airlines A380

A380 Malaysia airlines is fine. I have used them several times and much prefer them to their normal planes. Quieter, more comfortable, larger washrooms…..

I have also used Thai, and it was also comfortable when i flew to Frankfurt, but A380 is better.

Edited: 12:32 pm, January 27, 2014
10. Re: Thai business class on A340 600 or Malaysia airlines A380

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 29, 2015