We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help finding tickets!

Mostar, Bosnia and...
7 posts
Save Topic
Need help finding tickets!

So I'm a pretty inexperienced traveller, but I have to plan a big trip. I have to fly to Houston,Texas from early June a come back home mid August. The problem is that I live in Bosnia and the closest airports are Split and Dubrovnik in Croatia and Srajevo airport and all of them are small, so the tickets are expensive I need help to finde a good deal with not more than one trasnfer (London, Istanbul etc.) any tips?

Thanks in advance :)

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,044 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help finding tickets!

"I need help to finde a good deal with not more than one transfer" - You might struggle to get a one stop flight - check matrix to see your route options.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

Mostar, Bosnia and...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help finding tickets!

This helped me a lot, thanks. :)

Mostar, Bosnia and...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help finding tickets!

I mean it doesn't necessarily have to be one stop, but the best deal I found was Amsterdam-Houston (600$) but the problem is how to get to Amstersam lol and the next best offer is Sarajebo-Istanbul-Houston which is 1200$ :\

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help finding tickets!

Coach? Train? Rental car?

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help finding tickets!

Crazy idea, maybe, but how easy would it be for you to get a train to Frankfurt, Germany? Lots of cheap flights to Houston out of there.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,048 posts
662 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help finding tickets!

Just find some LCC airline to big cities so that you have more choices for better price.

Mostar, Bosnia and...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help finding tickets!

Ok so it takes 30 hours by train with like 7 transfers to get to Amsterdam / Frankfurt , that's a bit complicated. I found that easyJet flys from Split to Amsterdam and I was so haappy but then I discovered that it starts from June 28th.

Edited: 1:51 pm, January 21, 2014
atlanta
Level Contributor
4,125 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help finding tickets!

Could you get to Zagreb? I flew in and out of there fairly cheaply to Paris. I bet they have more cheap flights

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help finding tickets!

What about Croatia Airlines DBV-DUB and AA DUB-IAH via ORD

Mostar, Bosnia and...
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Need help finding tickets!

Yea my one option is Croatia Airlines (Dubrovnik to Amsterdam via Zagreb, and than KLM Amsterdam to Houston) and the total is about $900