I'm in dispute with Virgin Atlantic and have exchanged many emails with them over the last six months all to no avail. We were flying with them to Cancun and then on to Belize with a very small Belizean airline. What really worries me - and, I believe, should worry Virgin Atlantic - is that, instead of directly addressing the substantial points that I have been making and the questions that I keep asking, I am being fobbed off with repetitive platitudes culminating in the hope that I'll soon get over it and be flying with them soon.
None of the replies received deal with such matters as:
• Why, at VA's Gatwick check-in, were we wrongly advised to send our cases straight through to Belize - and could such bad advice should be given again?
• Why VA failed to transfer our two suitcases to the Tropic Air check-in at Terminal 1, despite their being clearly labelled - and could this happen again?
• Why VA's system could not deal with our problem due to our having no mislaid luggage reference number, due in turn to there being no-one at VA's Cancun airport office at the time of our departure for Belize?
• Why the head of VA's Baggage Tracing Team continues to insist that it was tiny Tropic Air’s responsibility - and whether this policy may be revisited? and
• Why the Belgium-based travel agent’s message to VA was neither acknowledged nor responded to?
Related matters that I raised have also been unanswered and I fear that others will be in similar predicaments. It is for that reason that I am persisting with my queries. My offer to come along to VA's offices and discuss these matters, or to run some kind of customer relations training simulation still stands.
Is there no disputes resolution body external to VA top which I can appeal? All advice warmly appreciated