We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airports between Marseille and Lisbon

Wading River, New...
1 post
Save Topic
airports between Marseille and Lisbon

I will be traveling to Europe next September from New York, and want to find a centrally located and reasonable airport between Marseille France and Lisbon Portugal. I will start my trip in Provence and then travel to Lisbon for the remainder of the month. I will either need a train or flight between the two European cities, but want to book a roundtrip flight from an equidistant city. Any suggestions?

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airports between Marseille and Lisbon

Madrid

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,342 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airports between Marseille and Lisbon

If you want to visit Marseille and then Lisbon then perhaps an open jaw ticket or multi city would be a better idea. Check out flights on Air France or KLM.

Alternatively one way on Turkish to MRS via Istanbul and back via TAP from Lisbon. Then work out the trip between Marseille and Lisbon (check out Vueling). Does not seem to make much sense to fly to a city you don't want to go to just because it is on between.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,663 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airports between Marseille and Lisbon

I agree that booking a round trip to an "equidistant city" is not always the best way to plan a trip. I would price out flying into France and out of Lisbon to compare prices.Just click on multi city on any airline site to price this out.

I agree though that Madrid would be between your 2 areas.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,474 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: airports between Marseille and Lisbon

Barcelona or Malaga might work.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
672 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airports between Marseille and Lisbon

Marseille, Toulouse, Barcelona, Madrid can be working for you.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,663 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airports between Marseille and Lisbon

To get to Toulouse from New York you'd have to go through Madrid anyway.

I don't know about Marseille.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
55 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airports between Marseille and Lisbon

you have direct flights to lisbon from marseile,toulouse (france),barcelona and valencia (spain)

i think it's beter a round trip nw -marselle or from any other citys above

Check TAP round trip they have good prices in outbond flights from nw

don't forguet the low cost carriers flying from lisbom to south of france and spain Barcelona and valencia

8. Re: airports between Marseille and Lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 23, 2015