We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ESTA - Immediate confirmation?

uk
Level Contributor
3,794 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
ESTA - Immediate confirmation?

Just applied to renew my ESTA on line, it Said I should get a response regarding approval within 72 hours.

Is this normal? For some reason I thought it was instant.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,993 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: ESTA - Immediate confirmation?

No - there are reports of people applying and getting their ESTAs whilst doing checkin

NOT to be recommended

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
19,389 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: ESTA - Immediate confirmation?

I agree with the above. What happens if the ESTA is NOT approved and you have to go through the visa process. I would only recommend applying for an ESTA before booking tickets.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: ESTA - Immediate confirmation?

Frommy, just about all the reports regards people applying whilst at the airport is due to lack of knowledge, in particular people transitting through the US and not thinking they need an ESTA, or simply being ignorant they need one at all. It's not that they made a conscious choice to do it when they arrived at the checkin desk :-)

Edited: 3:07 am, January 21, 2014
14. Re: ESTA - Immediate confirmation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 23, 2015