We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to book for 1 night close to terminal 3

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Where to book for 1 night close to terminal 3

Arriving at Terminal 3 after long haul from Brisbane (in June). We then have a flight to Edinburgh booked the next day with BA from terminal 5 (wish I'd realised it was terminal 5 before I booked!!).

Want a hotel (budget to mid-price range) near to terminal 3 as we will be jet-lagged and want to sleep, but easy to transfer to terminal 5 the next morning.

Is this asking the impossible? Please tell me not.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,404 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to book for 1 night close to terminal 3

Heathrow T3 and T5 are at opposite ends of the airport from one another. Hotels in Bath Road that are handy for T3 are not handy for T5 unless you travel by cab from and to the terminal buildings.

Without knowing when in June you need to stay and your budget in pounds it is difficult to suggest a hotel that would suit. Were I looking for a hotel in similar circumstances, I would choose the Premier Inn Terminal 5 at 420 Bath Road.

You may take a taxi from T3 Arrivals to the hotel; the next morning the 423 will take you from a stop almost adjacent to the hotel to T5 (it's marked on the spider map as the stop for the Thistle Hotel) tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/heat… and tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/long… (stop J here). Although it's not indicated on those spider maps, stop J is within the 'free flow Heathrow' area, with free local service to T5: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…heathrow-t5.pdf

I would not choose the Thistle as an alternative to the PI. If that latter hotel does not suit, let us know.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
27,926 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to book for 1 night close to terminal 3

"I would choose the Premier Inn Terminal 5 ..."

It's been reported on the London forum (by Adamhornets) that the PI at T5 is no longer bookable due to their having a contract with British Airways to house flight crew. You can try booking but they may say no (pity as it's a good location).

The other Premier Inn (15 Bath Road) is convenient for T3 and you can get the 423 bus from there to T5 (allow about 20 minutes).

Other options are those on the Bath Road, with the "west" options slightly more convenient for T5 but the "east" options still have the 423 bus.

londontoolkit.com/lhr/heathrow_bath_road_wes…

londontoolkit.com/lhr/heathrow_bath_road_eas…

tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/heat…

Edited: 2:21 am, January 19, 2014
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to book for 1 night close to terminal 3

I am unsure of your budget, but I would recommend the Sofitel at terminal five. You can get a decent room rate, not budget obviously, but it's a great hotel and you can just walk into term five in the morning.

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to book for 1 night close to terminal 3

Brilliant - thank you. Had read it would be difficult to get a cab to do the short journey between hotels/terminals so had thought that would be a problem. Will try and book one of the Premier Inns & then sort out cabs/buses when we get there.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,404 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to book for 1 night close to terminal 3

The PI T5 now shows availability rather than 'full' across the board. I suspect that the BA connection was a bit (or a lot) of a damp squib. There is availabity throughout June (along with dates from now until that month).

Edited: 2:40 am, January 19, 2014
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
27,926 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to book for 1 night close to terminal 3

TP, if the PI at T5 is bookable again then good news and I'd also recommend it.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
4,438 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to book for 1 night close to terminal 3

Instead of taking the bus (423) to T5 in the morning, you can also take a bus back to Heathrow Central (where T3 is) and take the free Heathrow Express to T5 from there. (This also depends on what time your flight is in the morning...)

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to book for 1 night close to terminal 3

Another rec for the PI T5

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
4,438 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to book for 1 night close to terminal 3

My idea above (on using the Heathrow Express between terminals) is only useful of course if you stay somewhere close to T3... :-)

(I could not edit my post anymore.)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to book for 1 night close to terminal 3

Earlier this month I stayed at the Rainaissance due to a canceled flight.

ok hotel ,good for a nights stay and very close to T3.

H2 Hoppa bus ride from T3 took only 10 min .

H54 Hoppa can take you from the hotel to T5 in the morning.

Cost is 8 per person, round trip.