We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BravoFly Transaction Vioded

Perth, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
BravoFly Transaction Vioded

Hello,

I booked a couple of ticket through Bravofly last night for Malaysia airlines.

A short time later I received information that the transaction has been cancelled.

"We inform you that your credit card was not charged, the price of the ticket was temporarily reserved on your credit card. This operation was cancelled with the cancellation of reservation.

The amount that you would have had to pay was in fact simply frozen at the time of booking and was not taken from the available credit of your card."

Can anyone tell me if this is a scam or if I will eventually get my money back?

I'm hesitant to rebook the flight through this company..

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,053 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BravoFly Transaction Vioded

If the message is correct, no money has been taken from your card. It sounds as if Bravofly placed a "hold" on your card, then found that the tickets were not available, and did not proceed to actually charge the card. With some banks, the online systems do not distinguish between a hold and an actual charge, so that a hold looks like a charge. A hold will go away after a day or two.

If Bravofly has in fact charged your card, raise a formal dispute with your bank to get a charge-back.

This forum is littered with posts from people who have tried to save money by using a third-party agency. Book direct with the airline of your choice.

Chiasso, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: BravoFly Transaction Vioded

Hi Dario,

We have sent you a private message requesting your Bravofly ID so that we can verify the matter, however i would like to assure you that this is not a scam and our temporary credit limit should already have been released and should be returned according to your bank's timings.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sofia

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,035 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BravoFly Transaction Vioded

Dario--I would NOT send my ID to the above poster. THere is no way in verifying if she is indeed connected to Bravofly! ( I could call myself Queen Elizabeth if the screen name is not already taken) DO contact Bravofly and ask them. ---or better yet, call your bank and they will be able to distinguish if it was a charge or a temporay hold. ( most likely)

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BravoFly Transaction Vioded

It's not a scam, a credit card hold is a standard part of how credit cards work, however I wouldn't use Bravofly (or most third parties) and if you had searched for Bravofly in here prior to using them, neither would you.

Just type 'Bravofly' into the search box immediately above your post. Then, buy direct from the airline, as you may be perhaps realising there is a big difference between the advertised fares and the actual fares that third parties have, which is likely to be the same or more than the airlines, not to mention numerous issues that arise when any contact needs to be made through a third party.

a k
Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: BravoFly Transaction Vioded

The same happened with. The transaction was cancelled by bravo fly and my bank informed me that I have to wait 6 working days for the funds to be released back into my account.

Also, for the fully processed transactions, bravo fly quoted me in AUD and I got charge in Euros, resulting in a 3% overseas foreign transaction fee with my bank.

I am a very disappointed and will avoid using bravo fly in the future.

Chiasso, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: BravoFly Transaction Vioded

Dear a k,

We're sorry that we were unable to confirm your booking request. Could you please reply to our private message with your 9-digit Bravofly ID so that we can check the details of why it was cancelled and also aid you in releasing the amount. If any commissions have been applied by your bank due to a foreign transaction we will of course refund them.

We apologise if any inconvenience has been caused by the timings and we would like to reassure you that this system is aimed at protecting our customer's funds until the booking is confirmed.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards, Sofia

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,152 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BravoFly Transaction Vioded

Anyone else see a pattern emerging here ?

Chemnitz, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: BravoFly Transaction Vioded

Actually I am scared now. I got the same E-Mail. I was buying tickets for my parents trough my MasterCard.

After entering all the details about my Card, I received an Email. It informed me that my booking is not sure until i get an Confirmation Email. I was waiting and suddenly i got an Email.

It was written:

"We inform you that your credit card was not charged, the price of the ticket was temporarily reserved on your credit card. This operation was cancelled with the cancellation of reservation.

The amount that you would have had to pay was in fact simply frozen at the time of booking and was not taken from the available credit of your card.

The available balance will be updated directly by your bank as soon as possible. For more details please contact the customer service of your credit card provider. "

Will they charge my Card now? I have to buy Tickets within this week. But I have a limit on my MasterCard. If they charge the amount, i won't be able to buy an other ticket within this week. The amount is 1825 Euros. Its a lot of money for a Student.

Hope to get a answer!!

Shantou, China
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BravoFly Transaction Vioded

I've had this before.

Basically, I completed the transaction - and then it was my Bank who decided to do some anti-fraud checks. The result was the money was never released to Bravofly so they voided my transaction.

Had to do it again.

The money will be held for a few days and then they will drop off.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BravoFly Transaction Vioded

Will they charge my Card now?

====== They shouldn't. Contact your credit card company to be sure.

I have to buy Tickets within this week.

=====Then you shouldn't use a third partly and certainly not a shonky one like this outfit. >>>Buy direct from the airline<<<. Don't be so dumb to believe these low prices actually exist, or at least not without substantial risk, you only have to see the other posts about this company and similar ones.

But I have a limit on my MasterCard. If they charge the amount, i won't be able to buy an other ticket within this week.

======= That's your fault for purchasing in this way. That may be just be the way it is. You can ask your credit card company for a temporary rise in credit limit to allow for the hold.

The amount is 1825 Euros. Its a lot of money for a Student.

====== Then the student should have been more careful who they spent it with, shouldn't they?