We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel at Heathrow?

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel at Heathrow?

Arriving at Terminal 3 and then getting a flight out of terminal 1 the next day. Which hotel would be easiest to use with this combination?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,905 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel at Heathrow?

I would look for a hotel along the Bath Road (East) as you can use London's buses to get to and from them more frequently and for much less than the Hotel Hoppa. You're also not captive to the hotel as there are pubs and restaurants nearby. For those inside the Heathrow Free Bus Zone (numbered 1 to 8 on the map linked to below) the ride is free. That said, the Premier Inn is just outside the free zone but gets very good reviews.

londontoolkit.com/lhr/heathrow_bath_road_eas…

Edited: 6:17 pm, January 12, 2014
Canada
Level Contributor
5,007 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel at Heathrow?

I have used the Sheraton, Marriott, HI and PI - they are all much of a muchness. Find the one with the best rate.

Of them all I prefer the Sheraton. The Marriott annoyed me a LOT the last time I was there although they did make it good when I complained.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,328 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel at Heathrow?

Doesn't really make much difference. The Sofitel at T5 is a short and free HEX ride away from T3, can ride it back the next morning then walk to T1 using the underground walkways in the CTA. Nice hotel too.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
55,436 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel at Heathrow?

I was able to Priceline bid the Heathrow Sheratons a few years ago. They are dated properties but as long as you don't expect too much, they should be fine for just one night.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel at Heathrow?

Another vorte for the Sofitel but it depends if it's within your budget, check out this price comparison website to see what's available for your dates www.hotelscombined.com

6. Re: Which hotel at Heathrow?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 15, 2015