We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does this airfare sound good/low?

4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Does this airfare sound good/low?

I hate checking airfares every day, very eager to purchase tickets for my trip to Europe in August. I have to take my bicycle (racing) so the airline matters. Need to fly into London or Istanbul and then take a continental flight between them. Right now I am looking at ATL>LON, IST>ATL multi-stop flights and found $1464 on Lufthansa. No bike fees. Just trying to decide if it's worth waiting until the spring to get something under $1000 to a gateway city. Thoughts?

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does this airfare sound good/low?

That sounds good to me..... I have been checking flights from CVG - VIE for months and they are around 12000-1300 depending. If you like the price, then buy it and never look back. Have a great trip!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,676 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does this airfare sound good/low?

I doubt if you will find a fare under $1,000 in August no matter how long you wait!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,703 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does this airfare sound good/low?

No, wait until 3:31 AM on July 8th when that $100.00 R/T fare will be available for 5 seconds. Only you can decide if the airfare is good. If you're OK with the price, purchase it and don't look back. If not, wait and see if something better comes along. However, if it doesn't be prepared to pay more.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,326 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does this airfare sound good/low?

Do you really want connecting flights when you're taking an expensive bike? That fare is reasonable for August, but Delta has a nonstop on the first leg into London for a few bucks more. I would think the more handling a bike gets, the greater chances of damage or being lost! I believe you're forced to use a connection on the return leg.

Edited: 10:35 am, January 11, 2014
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does this airfare sound good/low?

Hi, if you don't want to check out the airfares every day then I would book it, the price is good and it may even go higher if you wait any longer, you never know if and when prices come down and airlines have sales.

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Does this airfare sound good/low?

Thanks everyone! Really good insights on all fronts, truly appreciate it. I'll probably book it despite the connection in Frankfurt heading out.

7. Re: Does this airfare sound good/low?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 15, 2015