We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bankok with klm

Norwich, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
bankok with klm

are klm ok to travel with and also is bkk safe we are staying in the asia one night then trying somehow to get to Hua Hin any advice

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,317 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bankok with klm

"are klm ok to travel with" - Yes, they are a 4 star rated airline

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/klm.htm

"and also is bkk safe" - Yes, thousands visit every year but as ever apply common sense.

Norwich, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bankok with klm

thanks Tom, we are a bit nervous going tomorrow with all the trouble,staying one night at the asia hotel then onto hua hin Wednesday,not sure how to get there

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bankok with klm

If you want to know about getting to Hua Hin please check the Hua Hin Forum

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g297922-i9453-H…

If you are overnighting in Bangkok you can use taxi or car service ( I would recommend car service, Oriental Escape are very good ) or you can tavel by express bus ( about THB 185 ) , or you can travel by train ( fares vary, the 0800 railcar express is a good train, fast and onboard service ) , but if a first time visito I would recommend Oriental Escape ( THB 2,850 ) there are cheaper car services but unless you are on a budget they are good, but do read the posts on the Hua Hin forum

No worries in Bangkok

orientalescape.com/thailand/…huahin.html

Edited: 10:24 am, January 05, 2014
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bankok with klm

KLM are a fine airline

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,205 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bankok with klm

There is nothing to be worried about in Bangkok currently

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bankok with klm

KLM are fine and Schippol is great ( I take it your first transfer is there). Don't worry

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
958 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bankok with klm

KLM is fine but we got so bored in Schippol. I much prefer flying from Terminal 3 at Heathrow as lots of good shops and restaurants to kill time. Main advantage for us flying from Scotland via AMS is that flight to BKK from AMS is almost an hour shorter than from LHR. We do it when it is cheaper than flying via LHR on Thai.

As Monica recommended Oriental Escapes for transfers to Hua Hin are excellent. We took train to Hua Hin (easy as we stayed in BK first and fancied trying the train) and private transfers with Oriental Escapes on return direct to the airport. Train is dirt cheap but car is faster unlike in UK where train is (generally) faster!

Norwich, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: bankok with klm

thanks we'll try the train,just a bit worried about how things are in bkk at the moment with the demonstrations.we are staying one night in the asia hotel

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,211 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bankok with klm

Just back from BKK and Hua Hin.Never saw any demonstrations or trouble.Even the area around Makkasan station was quiet.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bankok with klm

Punglep

E mail Ms Na for your transfer to your hotel in Hua Hin. her address is

wantana_jirayu@yahoo.com

Have used her service a few times now without incident. I'd recommend her.

Regards

Jim