We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When will fall fares be available?

Wesley Chapel...
Level Contributor
22 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
When will fall fares be available?

Looking to book my cross country trip for this September, but the airline only shows flights up until July. Anyone know when they typically expand their schedules? TIA

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,916 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When will fall fares be available?

That would depend on the airline, and you didn't say which one. Alternatively, you could do the arithmetic. Most airlines only go out ten months.

London, United...
Level Contributor
765 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When will fall fares be available?

Different airlines publish schedules at varying times.

For instance I am researching a multi city trip for Nov/Dec 2014, BA show dates bookable 355 days in advance, AA about a month less than that and JetBlue up until September.

I think you will have to give us a clue about which airline and where from/to.

Ahhh GeoMedic beat me to it !

Edited: 6:55 am, January 05, 2014
Wesley Chapel...
Level Contributor
22 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When will fall fares be available?

Woops! I meant to say the airline- it's Southwest. Sorry! And September is within the 10 months so the arithmetic isn't working in my favor. Unless I'm doing it wrong. :( it is early and I haven't finished my coffee...

Edited: 7:04 am, January 05, 2014
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When will fall fares be available?

I'm not able to answer your question, but I did see this on the Southwest website:

"We are currently accepting air reservations through June 30, 2014. On January 27, 2014, we will open our schedule for sale through August 8, 2014. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."

When I'm planning far in advance, I typically look at the current schedule and assume that the times and fares won't change too much.

5. Re: When will fall fares be available?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 07, 2015