We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air India Flight OK TO BOARD Requiremnet

Abu Dhabi, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Air India Flight OK TO BOARD Requiremnet

I have booked the tickets for family in |Air India flight, as they are coming for a trip on UAE for tour. I have send the copy of e-visa to them.

I have read some messages in the forum that the requireement of OK to Board stamp on visa.

Now anybody can tell is there any requriement for OK to Board stamp? If yes then how can I do the same?

37 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,629 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air India Flight OK TO BOARD Requiremnet

Sorry, I don't understand.

Which flights (details please) are booked, for whom, from where and to where?

And which nationality (which passport do they hold) are the travelers?

That info will help us help you.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,629 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air India Flight OK TO BOARD Requiremnet

Sukanta,

Just to clarify my post above, It's not clear whether the "OK to Board" is visa/entry clearance related, or if it's to do with security clearance at an Indian airport (which is very strict but fair and applied to everyone).

The security screeners stamp your boarding pass and a label on each carry on, which is later checked by the police when boarding.

So your case could be visa related or (just) an internal security issue. Without further details it's not easy to help.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air India Flight OK TO BOARD Requiremnet

If your family is travelling from India they will need to have the ok to board stamp, yes. I am unsure if this is just for Indian nationals or just anyone travelling from India.

If you have used a travel agent to get the visa they should organise the stamp, if not they will need to take their passports, visa and tickets to the airlines offices to get the stamp. If they don't they may not be able to travel to the UAE, so it needs to be done.

Mumbai, India
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Air India Flight OK TO BOARD Requiremnet

I have booked an Air India express ticket to Qatar i require Ok to board stamp from where can i get it and by how many hours prior boarding the fight i require it

Hyderabad, India
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Air India Flight OK TO BOARD Requiremnet

…blogspot.in/2007/05/indians-not-ok-to-board…

.......A representative at the Indian (formerly known as Indian Airlines) office in Dubai said: “There has been a rise in the number of people travelling to the UAE on fake visas who get deported from here. Under the new regulation, the sponsor now needs to bring the original copy of the visa with a photocopy of the same to our office. We will put a seal of authentication on the photocopy which then can be sent to the passenger in India. They will not be allowed to board unless they show the copy of the visa with an ‘ok to board’ stamp from the airline they are flying.

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Air India Flight OK TO BOARD Requiremnet

I booked tickets for my wife and child from Trivendrum to Abudhabi and i send the Original Residence visa to india.. I need to confirm that ok to board is required for my wife and child? and where I want to do this process?

Can u please explainn,

Edited: 12:23 pm, November 26, 2014
Emirate of Dubai...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Air India Flight OK TO BOARD Requiremnet

Hi I have sent e ticket from dubai to my mom arriving with original visa in hand do i still need to do ok to board for her its air india ticket.

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Air India Flight OK TO BOARD Requiremnet

Please contact nearest Air India office, they will explain you the process. You just need to show them all your valid travel documents or photocopies of documents and they will mark your travel as "OK to board" thats it..! Some travel agencies also do this for you or you may get it done on just an email too sometimes.

regards,

AD

Chennai (Madras...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Air India Flight OK TO BOARD Requiremnet

Verification of UAE Visa

Asian subcontinent passengers who want to visit UAE countries and visa has been sponsored in UAE or issued. The visa needs to be verified by respective airline before boarding airline, once the visa is verified the airline update OK TO BOARD massage in the particular passenger airline PNR and the passenger can board the flight and can travel to the UAE countries (Dubai, Sharjah and Abu Dhabi). In case a passenger have online or E-visa, Ok To Board massage must be updated on airline PNR to avoid hassle in travelling, after visa issuance, the visa copy should be sent to airline in order to verify that particular visa for Ok To Board updating on PNR. In the absence of Ok TO Board massage on PNR, the airline will not allow the passenger to board the flight in any case although one has a valid UAE visa. Ok To Board is a visa verification process initiated by airlines to identify the people who travel to UAE with a fake visa. All airlines connected to UAE like Emirates, Indigo, Spice Jet, Air India Express, Air Arabia etc. require Ok To Board to be updated.

Ok To Board Process:

Respective UAE visa sponsored always send a valid UAE visa copy along with an air ticket copy to the airline office, airline double check all details about the passenger and update Ok To Board massage on respective airline PNR. It always needs to be remembered that only visa sponsored can request airline to update Ok To Board massage on passenger PNR. Normally airline updates this massage before 3 days of travelling. Once this process done either a passenger can call the airline directly to know about Ok To Board status or airline directly call to passenger to update about Ok To Board.

Mumbai, India
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Air India Flight OK TO BOARD Requiremnet

I have come to Dubai on tourist visa on 1st April 2016 and leaving back to Mumbai on 26th April by evening flight...I already had OK to board while coming to Dubai....Is it required to have OK to board for return journey to India.

Edited: 7:46 am, April 14, 2016
Reply to: Air India Flight OK TO BOARD Requiremnet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted