We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southwest boarding passes.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Southwest boarding passes.

I have booked three seperate legs on southwest and have noted dates and flight nos and times in my diary. I hope the airline do not insist on a printed itinerary being shown as I don't own a printer and don't like asking friends to do this for me. Can one of you good people put me mind at rest, thanks.

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southwest boarding passes.

Put it on a memory stick and print it at a library? Airport securty, if alert level is ehightened, may ask for your itinerary before allowing you to enter the airport. "I don't have a printer" will not get you into the airport. And it's not as if a printer is a huge expense, anyway....buy one!

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southwest boarding passes.

thanks for that and the library would be my option if I need boarding passes. Howvever I will already be in the USA when I start my trip. Being on the wrong side of life, memory sticks and such are abit much for my own poor memory.

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Southwest boarding passes.

I'd seriously bite the bullet and get your itin printer, though, naej. It's a few years since I flew in the US, but over here I've had to show a printed itin just to get into the airport.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Southwest boarding passes.

You are seriously right and have made me think. I now realize even my main itinerary into the states is not printed, OMG thank you for pointing this out. I do it around Oz all the time and never have a problem but you are so right for America. I am VERY technically challenged apart from doing bookings.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
6,787 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Southwest boarding passes.

I have used Southwest quite a lot this year and there have always been two lines for check-in: One for those who have the boarding pass already printed and the other one for those who have not printed their boarding pass.

You will not be able to go through security in the US without a valid boarding pass.

Most hotels will let you print boarding passes for free.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Southwest boarding passes.

Thanks I know I need a boarding pass, I was asking about a printed itinerary. Cheers.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Southwest boarding passes.

Sorry I have just read my header I meant itinerary, just proves my point, not very sure of myself.sorry again Pippi2

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,763 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Southwest boarding passes.

You don't need a printed itinerary to get into any airports in the US. As long as you know your flights you don't need it for anything. You can print boarding passes ahead or get them at the airport.

Do write down the PNR number for your reservation. That can be helpful if they can't find your ticket or you need to change a flight.

Edited: 8:01 am, December 28, 2013
Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Southwest boarding passes.

... and every time you write a number down you risk transcription errors - just print your itin!

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Southwest boarding passes.

You can probably save your itinerary on your phone as a PDF if you have a smart phone.