We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Frankfurt - Sochi Airline Ticket Less than $600 Help!

St. Paul, MN
Level Contributor
163 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Frankfurt - Sochi Airline Ticket Less than $600 Help!

Help!

As a flight attendant I have not had to buy an airline ticket in YEARS! I am now on leave and can only get myself to Europe, not Russia. I need to be in Sochi Feb. 26th as I am volunteering during the Paralympic Games. I am struggling with finding an "affordable" airline ticket. I am a poor college student these days.

If I book directly w/Lufthansa, the ticket is over $700. Many websites offer much less ($550) but I'm reading such horror stories w/all of them (Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, et al.) Can anyone offer me any advice?

Ideally, I need to find a ticket for less than $600. My dates are Feb. 26 - March 20 (I could return a day earlier if necessary to save money.) I don't mind a long layover in Moscow as I would like to see Red Square. I mean, who knows when I'd have another chance, right? Any help or ideas would be most welcome and appreciated. Thanks!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Frankfurt - Sochi Airline Ticket Less than $600 Help!

I did a search on Skyscanner for your dates (FRA-AER) and the top results are with Bravofly (who don't have a great reputation), further down are flights with Aeroflop, sorry Aeroflot, for about $600.

Looking at the Aeroflot website they have promo fares (which are fairly restrictive) for about 210 Euro (about 300 USD). Have a look at: http://www.aeroflot.ru/cms/en/booking

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Frankfurt - Sochi Airline Ticket Less than $600 Help!

I have absolutely no knowledge of internal russian aircosts or the carriers but EasyJet a LCC have a service from MAN-DME approximately your dates for about $165 return including luggage-gets you to and from Moscow at a decent price but they are a point to point carrier with no interline agreements,how you get to Sochi from there I've no idea

uk
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Frankfurt - Sochi Airline Ticket Less than $600 Help!

S7 are showing tickets on their website for less than $600 on the dates you've mentioned, Frankfurt to Sochi via Moscow.

I've flown S7 a few time internally within Russia without concern. They are now a OneWorld member too.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
966 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Frankfurt - Sochi Airline Ticket Less than $600 Help!

Try Transaero. I just had a quick look and for your dates they are coming in at just over $600US.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,763 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Frankfurt - Sochi Airline Ticket Less than $600 Help!

The three third party sites you listed are big reputable ones and I would not hesitate to use them if you get a much better fare. Sometimes they do have lower prices.

Yes there are some negatives to third parties like difficulty if you need to change your ticket, but an extra $150 to me at least would be worth it.

Ust-Kut, Russia
Level Contributor
50 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! Frankfurt - Sochi Airline Ticket Less than $600 Help!

it will cost you apr. 300$ Go to http://www.flyuia.com or onetwotrip.com Frank-Moscow Next go to skyscanner.ru and book Moscow - Sochi Any questions sergey_welcome@rambler.ru

Edited: 11:19 pm, December 27, 2013
7. Re: Help! Frankfurt - Sochi Airline Ticket Less than $600 Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 29, 2014