We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Solo Trip. Concerned about Online Checkin

Osaka, Japan
1 post
Save Topic
First Solo Trip. Concerned about Online Checkin

Good morning,

I am making my first solo international trip this Saturday and have a different flight next week around Christmas. I keep getting e-mails from AirAsia about doing online checkin for my flight from HKG to Bangkok. SHould I do this online checkin? I am concerned about it because my name appears to be backwards on my itinerary. I also have never done anything like this before.

Please help me.

Thank you.

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,926 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Solo Trip. Concerned about Online Checkin

If you are concerned that your name is wrong, I would contact Air Asia and make sure you will be allowed to travel or make the name change if that is needed. I would not wait to do this at the airport.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,699 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: First Solo Trip. Concerned about Online Checkin

Did you book your own ticket or have a travel agent do it for you? In the past when I have used a travel agent they have wanted to see my passport to ensure that the details entered match correctly. I have feeling then that the itinerary prints as DOEJANE/MS, or similar, is that what you mean by 'backwards'?

I agree with btgm above, even if just for your own peace of mind, give AirAsia a call and confirm that it's all OK. Better to find out now than at the airport.

3. Re: First Solo Trip. Concerned about Online Checkin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 20, 2014