We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet

England
Level Contributor
729 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Easyjet

Just a couple of Q's, we are flying Easyjet in June to Lanzarote from Gatwick. Do they still use A320's? The reason I've asked is that we have pre booked seats 1A & 1B for both flights due to my height and my wife having the smallest bladder known to man. I remember on a previous Easyjet flight that there was a board/divide immediately between where we were sat and the entry/exit door & although there was definite extra leg room I wasn't able to stretch my legs out.

2nd question - I would welcome any comments from anyone who has paid for pre booked seats on Easyjet since they have changed to the option of pre booked seats in terms of does this automatically give you Speedy Board etc and your opinion on the experience versus before they gave you the option of booking seats in advance.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,215 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easyjet

If you go into your booking it will show you the seating plan of the aircraft that's scheduled to operate the flight. Their website has all the info on seats, including seating plans.

http://tinyurl.com/q43bk7d

Edited: 12:46 pm, December 18, 2013
Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
2,853 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easyjet

EasyJet fleet is either A319 or A320. Every easyJet flight I've been on there is no divider or bulkhead in front of 1A, 1B and 1C. These seats are narrower as the tray tables are in the arm. 1B and 1C have nowhere to put anything - book, iPad, kindle etc - during taxi, take-off and landing. I find this is a major drawback to using these seats. 1A has a pocket to the side with the in flight magazine and safety card, but the leg room in 1A is not great because of the escape slide built in to the door.

There is a divider between 1D, 1E and 1F and the galley. This means each seat has a storage pocket. The trays are still in the arm rests.

I'm a generously built 5'11" and I always choose 1D for leg room, convenience (and first shot at the drinks trolley).

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
1,619 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Easyjet

There is no divide in front of seats 1 A & B on Easyjet's A319 & A320 planes, therefore there is plenty of space to stretch your legs out in. Can't say I've noticed whether these seats are narrower, but if they are then the extra legroom more than makes up for it.

Insofar as Speedy Boarding, this is included in pre-booked extra legroom and upfront seats. it is better then the system prior to allocated seating as you still get all that you had with SB (dedicated check-in/bag drop and 1st boarding group) as well as having your seat booked instead of having to be at the front of the scrum to secure your front seat (or a n other seat of choice).

England
Level Contributor
729 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easyjet

Thanks for all your comments, much appreciated!

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
2,853 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easyjet

Here's the Seat Guru seatmap:

seatguru.com/airlines/easyJet_Airlines/easyJ…

To add to my earlier reply:

I should have been clearer when I said the legroom in 1A is "not great". It's still a lot better than other seats, but the emergency slide in the base of the door does intrude a bit into the space.

In my eagerness to answer the first part of the question, I neglected to answer the second part. npj60's advice is correct - you get Speedy Boarding and priority bag drop as part of paying the extra for "up front" allocated seating. I've seen some argue that there's no real benefit to this now that there's allocated seating, but people still start queuing ludicrously early, and there's the issue of nabbing locker space.

At Edinburgh airport the privilege even extends to FastTrack security, but this is in a tiny minority of airports that offer this.

England
Level Contributor
729 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easyjet

Dootsie - thanks for this. Yeah we flew to Spain from Edinburgh last year and had SB & when the girl on the desk saw we had SB she said we were able to go thru Fast Track - and there was a massive queue on the normal queue. Result! No doubt my wife will have 1A by the sounds of it then as she's only 5ft 4".

7. Re: Easyjet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, December 20, 2014