We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are People's Experiences With CanJet Lately?

Vaughan, Ontario...
Level Contributor
12 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
What are People's Experiences With CanJet Lately?

My husband and I were on the flight from hell on a CanJet flight from Ft. Lauderdale to Toronto on Sunday, Dec. 15th. We get to the airport and there is not a Transat or CanJet (code share flight) employee anywhere around. We were on a Transat transfer from our cruise ship. So we waited in line for Air Transat. Then the Transat light is turned off and CanJet light is turned on at the check-in counter. Then entire line moves over. Then some Transat employees start to show up but won't give us any information. They are too busy chatting with each other and if someone asks a question they just laugh. I ask to speak to a supervisor. Some lady comes over and without an explanation moves the entire line back to where we were just standing at the Transat counter. Oh they were not nice to us at all.

Fine no problem I get it that doing their job was an issue. We get to the gate and it looks like our flight is on time to leave at 12:55 p.m.. We go for a bit of a walk as we are there very early. We look at one of the two boards again and it says that the flight is delayed now until 2:20 p.m. and boarding at a different waiting area but then the board beside it says something totally different. Again no employee to ask. We're waiting for the plane and our departure time comes and goes. No announcement no employees to ask. Finally someone shows up and she has no clue. Sometime around 2:00 p.m. a Canjet shows up from Montreal and shortly thereafter we are able to finally start to board. That same supervisor is on hand to make sure everything runs quickly. They close the door, show the safety video and then we hear from the captain...sorry folks we have a engine malfunction we need someone to come and fix it. One hour later we are cleared for takeoff again. We taxi out to the active runway, the engines revv we are ready to go and suddenly the lights go out, the AC goes off and the engines shut down. We have to be taken back to the jetway. Now a computer malfunctioned. At this point everyone wants off because we feel the plane is unsafe to fly. They won't let us off. We finally get to take off after another hour. What we didn't know was that we'd be stuck on a plane with 4 of the most unprofessional flight attendants (two female and two male). They were nasty to the passengers and not much better towards each other. One flight attendant actually pushed a passenger who was waiting to use the lav out of the way. Wow we couldn't wait to get out this most uncomfortable plane and situation. When we left the plane the flight attendants couldn't even be bothered to say goodbye and thank you for flying with us. Wow!! Great customer service skills NOT!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are People's Experiences With CanJet Lately?

Eh, ok, so the issue is you did not know which line to join as the airport signs were unclear pre boarding commencing and your flight was delayed by two or three hours due to a technical issue? However you got there safely?

No staff were actually proactively rude to you personally?

Ps paragraphs are your friend, honestly. As is brevity.

Edited: 10:12 am, December 17, 2013
Vaughan, Ontario...
Level Contributor
12 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are People's Experiences With CanJet Lately?

FroggyEngland yes the flight attendants were rude to me. If had wanted to post a brief explanation of what happened I would have. I had to put it all into context what happened. Gee did you only post to pick apart what I had to say?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,788 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are People's Experiences With CanJet Lately?

I gave up on Canjet and Sunwing a long time ago. Not to say AC and Westjet are perfect by any means, but I would rather pay more and fly with them than these sand/sun type companies.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are People's Experiences With CanJet Lately?

A nasty travel experience, for sure. Unfortunately, I think that it tends to be more often the case with Low Cost Carriers than with the more standard airlines - they cut corners on staffing, which can often lead to burned out staff.

At least they got you to your destination safely, and I find that is about all one can expect nowadays from these types of airlines.

Based on www.airlinequality.com/Forum/canjet.htm there are a bunch of mixed reviews - some seem very dependent on which crew you get.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What are People's Experiences With CanJet Lately?

>>Gee did you only post to pick apart what I had to say?<>

Agree it was too easy. How were they rude to you please? It's not articulated in the tale.

6. Re: What are People's Experiences With CanJet Lately?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 19, 2014