We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feb Connection Question LGA or DTW

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
221 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Feb Connection Question LGA or DTW

Delta out of YUL to RDU on a Monday in February, three options same price. All have to clear customs prior to departure in Montreal. I am concerned about deice, snow storm, and ground delay programs... Thanks for the input

#1 2:20pm yul-rdu w/ lga 1h 35m connection

#2 4:43pm yul-rdu w/ dtw 45m connection

#3 5:19pm yul-rdu w/ lga 1h 30m connection last flight of the night

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,739 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Feb Connection Question LGA or DTW

All of the airports can be affected by winter weather, LGA is in some of the most congested airspace on the planet. DTW does not have that issue, has four parallel runways to handle traffic, and manages snow quite well. It is also a shorter connection though, so it is really a coin toss. I would throw out option #3 as it is the last of the day.

Looks like both routes operate with Delta Connection carriers with a mix of CRJ-200/700/900 and ERJ-135/145. I would throw out anything operating with the CRJ-200 - I hate that modern day torture chamber. From there, see which flights have your seat preferences available. After that, toss a coin.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
221 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feb Connection Question LGA or DTW

Thank you for the response, i literally flipped a coin, its LGA... on the 220 flight with 2 other option if i miss connect.. thanks for the response

3. Re: Feb Connection Question LGA or DTW

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 14, 2014