We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expedia was expensive.

Toronto, Canada
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Expedia was expensive.

I paid $1950 approx for the tickets available $600 approx cheaper than the airline's website, cheapoair and kayak. Dont throw your money with expedia. And compare expedia's policy vs cheapoair's policy. Cheapoair also covers 24 hours price guarantee for flights also whereas expedia only covers packaged visits. When I sent them this request they said that this ticket is inelligible.

Still the cheaper tickets are available form Cheapoair. (December 6, 2013) please check yourself.

Toronto to Medina and Jeddah to Toronto

I have the screenshots of all the websites, but dont know where to upload. If someone can guide me, I would appreciate.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,624 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Expedia was expensive.

Put Cheapoair in the search box and be grateful you didn't book with them although you should of course have checked the airline's website for the price before booking the tickets in the first place.

I'm amazed at those who book with any 3rd party without checking the airline website.

Chicago
Level Contributor
6,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Expedia was expensive.

Are you asking a question or just making a statement about Expedia, I am unclear why you want to post screenshots.

And before you go telling people to use an operation like cheapoair I suggest you put that term into the searchbox and read all the threads where people had awful experiences with them.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Expedia was expensive.

Agree, and remember that the price quoted by cheapo on initial look is not guaranteed as the price you will actually pay. In fact odds are it's not even close.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,569 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Expedia was expensive.

I would pick Expedia over Cheapoair any day, even with a $600 price difference.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,660 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Expedia was expensive.

Apart from ultra low-class anonymous tickets, I've always been able to get tickets from the airline at equivalent prices to third party sites.

With third party sites "You pays your money. You takes your chance."

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,048 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Expedia was expensive.

I would really love to see a survey that tells me exactly how much people have saved using Expedia(or another 3rd party site) for plane tix instead of the price on the airline web site!

I wonder how much the avg. person really saves?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,802 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Expedia was expensive.

I wouldn't touch Cheapoair with a barge pole, no matter how much cheaper they were. Given the amount of complaints, and problems people have had with Cheapoair I think you are doing forum readers a disservice by advising them to use such a website!

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,118 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Expedia was expensive.

^^^ This

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,660 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Expedia was expensive.

"Given the amount of complaints, and problems people have had with Cheapoair I think you are doing forum readers a disservice by advising them to use such a website!"

Absolutely! I couldn't agree more.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Expedia was expensive.

I think you better do a quick search here before you rave about cheapoair, you might not be so enthusiastic after reading about their antics.