We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when to book lax to ams?

Calabasas...
Level Contributor
590 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
when to book lax to ams?

We will be going to Amsterdam from Los Angeles in Mid-May, 2014. Does anyone have thoughts as to when we should book the flights? The fares are pretty high right now. I know there are no guarantees that the fares will come down, but I would really appreciate any advise on this.

Thank you!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
17,912 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: when to book lax to ams?

For mid May travel there is a chance that the cheapest fare buckets could have already sold out and fares will only continue to rise but at this point in time I'd personally wait to see if there was any fares in the Christmas/New Year sales although you might need to be flexible over the route to get the best deal.

The latest I would buy is the end of January but it depends on whether you're prepared to risk waiting.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
57,055 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: when to book lax to ams?

What do you consider high??

Anything close to $1,000 per ticket is a decent price.

Anything below $1,000 is AMAZING!!

Calabasas...
Level Contributor
590 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: when to book lax to ams?

Thanks for the info. What I am currently finding is about $1,300 rt

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: when to book lax to ams?

The best time to book would be in about minus three months.

If you don't mind doing one stop, Aeroflot and Norwegian have some pretty good fares, check out their websites.

If it has 2 be direct, there's only one alliance flying that route direct, so book soon.

Edited: 3:48 pm, December 04, 2013
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
57,055 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: when to book lax to ams?

IF you are willing to make one stop then the price is around $1200+

IF you are only willing to go non stop then you have to pay more.

Lately that seems to be typical for California to Europe unless an airline has a really special deal because they have a lot of empty seats.

6. Re: when to book lax to ams?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 06, 2014