We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

delta changed my flight

Castlegar, Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
delta changed my flight

We are flying from cancun to spokane wa on March 10. We were suppose to have a 2 hour plus layover at LAX. Now we are scheduled to land at LAX at 5:41 and fly out at 6:20. Any chance we are going to be able to collect our bags, clear customs and make our connecting flight in 39 in minutes?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
27,926 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: delta changed my flight

Are both the flights on the same one ticket? If so, contact Delta and ask that one of the flights be changed. You have no chance of making it in 39 minutes.

Castlegar, Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: delta changed my flight

That's what I thought. I'll call Delta tomorrow. Thanks

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,463 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: delta changed my flight

Do some research as to options before contacting Delta as Delta ( as will other airlines) will try re-routing you that costs them the least, not the one that is best for you

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,535 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: delta changed my flight

#3 - Great post. Always try to bring the solution to the airlines. Tell them you were researching and ask them to check the flights that work best for you.

UK
Level Contributor
5,425 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: delta changed my flight

Just had a look on their web site... that 6.20 flight seems to be the only non-stop flight they have, but there are plenty of one-stop connections, and quite a few of them are showing at a lower price than the lowest available fare on the non-stop flight.

Delta are very unlikely to rebook you on another carrier, so no matter what you and Delta agree on you will be getting home a lot later than expected... but you should have no problem getting rebooked at a convenient time as there are plenty of flights to choose from.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: delta changed my flight

You can ask to be rerouted through another city, it doesn't have to be LAX, it looks like there is a good connection via MSP with good flight times (out of CUN at 12.34pm and into GEG at 847pm via MSP), so you can ask for that. Those flights look wide open as well.

Castlegar, Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: delta changed my flight

I was actually thinking the one through MSP might be a great option. It would get us into spokane 2 hours earlier but I didn't know anything about their weather (winter/ early spring storms).

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,535 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: delta changed my flight

Minny, in March should be fine. Any lingering winter storms are generally cleaned up very quickly there. If this actually gets you in early, I'd ask about this option first.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: delta changed my flight

I would also go with this option, if it's going to get you into spokane 2 hours earlier it's definitely the best solution.

10. Re: delta changed my flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 29, 2014