We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer at Dubai International Airport(DXB) - Terminal 3

Noida, India
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer at Dubai International Airport(DXB) - Terminal 3

In a few days time I'll be travelling in emirates(EK-226) from san francisco to Dubai and will need to switch to EK-512 in Dubai to reach my desitination New delhi. So i just wanted to know how the procedure of transfer is going to be in DXB terminal 3 after i get down from sfo flight. I am getting a bit tensed when i think about DXB T-3 being world's largest terminal. I don't know wether i would be able to pull through without any problem or not. I would really be grateful if someone could explain me in details.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer at Dubai International Airport(DXB) - Terminal 3

If he doesn't come along soon, PM Dubai phil.

tripadvisor.co.uk/members-forums/Dubai_Phil_…

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
43,238 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer at Dubai International Airport(DXB) - Terminal 3

Its really not that bad.

The thing to note about T3 is that it has concourse A and concourse B.

A was supposedly built for the sole use of the A380's but its being used by 777 ER aircraft too, and sometimes the A380 operates from B.

Wherever you land check your connecting flight's terminal and gate - this is displayed on your TV screen as you land.

If it isnt for any reason there are lots of boards in the terminal.

Just make sure you get to the correct concourse and gate.

A and B are connected using a special dedicated train - this takes around 2 minutes most.

You will go through security - I've found the lines are less busy the past few months.

Your luggage should be checked through so no need to collect it.

It is a busy airport 24/7 365 days a year but its manageable and you should have no problems..

I transit it at least 10 times a year - its really OK!

3. Re: Transfer at Dubai International Airport(DXB) - Terminal 3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 27, 2014