We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charging a phone on Royal Brunei Airlines

Braintree
Level Contributor
18 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Charging a phone on Royal Brunei Airlines

Flying early December to Melbourne via Dubai and Brunei on a Boeing 777-200. Does anyone know if I will be able to charge my I phone 5 on board?

Thanks very much for any replies- this is my first long haul (obviously)

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charging a phone on Royal Brunei Airlines

If the plane is fitted with power/usb then normally the general rule is that you are not allowed to use it for charging as this could heat up. But if you plug it in and 'use it' then you could get away with it. flyroyalbrunei.com/uk/…

2. Re: Charging a phone on Royal Brunei Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:12 am, November 20, 2013
uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charging a phone on Royal Brunei Airlines

I never leave home without one of these!

TeckNet® iEP380 5000mAh Dual-Port External Battery Pack and Charger for "The new iPad" the 3rd Gen ipad, iPad 2, iPad mini, iPhone 4S 4 3G, iPod Touch (1G to 5G), Android (Samsung Galaxy Note S S2, HTC Sensation EVO Thunderbolt, LG Optimus V), Blackberry (Bold curve Torch), Droid(Motorola Razr), Plus Major Tablet PCs with 5V input (Samsung, Blackberry, HTC) - Black

Deb

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Charging a phone on Royal Brunei Airlines

Daughter just taking off now economy needed to know same thing just rang to say yes there is a phone charger..

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Charging a phone on Royal Brunei Airlines

BI B777-200 are old SQ equipment, so only business class have in-seat power supplies. The new B787 however, has it in economy too.

So if you're slumming it in economy, the answer is no.

6. Re: Charging a phone on Royal Brunei Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 28, 2015