We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airline recommendation. Orlando to New York

Lancs
Level Contributor
147 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Airline recommendation. Orlando to New York

Hi

Im not sure if this is the right place for this question but here goes,

We are due to go to Florida in 2014 and are looking into flying to New York from Orlando after a couple of weeks and then flying home from New York. Can anyone recommend an airline to fly us to New York and one that will let us each have hold luggage of approx. 22kgs

Thank You

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airline recommendation. Orlando to New York

Hi

We like using www.southwest.com for domestic flights. They give you 2 hold bags for free. Plus pay for earlybird and they also check you in. So you just have to print your boarding pass at the airport. Only problem is I don't know if they fly out of Orlando.

Clive

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airline recommendation. Orlando to New York

Assume you would prefer to fly from MAN? so look at AA or Delta using their multi-city function both allow 23kgs luggage and both offer the best combination of flights from Florida dependent on where you intend to fly from MIA / MCO- JFK-MAN

Edited: 6:02 am, November 09, 2013
Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airline recommendation. Orlando to New York

Hi

If your flight has a stopover as apposed to a connection, your baggage on your domestic leg will not be free.

Clive

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airline recommendation. Orlando to New York

Clive-not entirely accurate recently flew Delta LHR-MSP and then the next day MSP-SNA (domestic flight) using multi city and was not charged any extra in economy-think the worst case scenario would have been $25 hardly a deal breaker

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airline recommendation. Orlando to New York

Hi

I don't know how long you stopped but I think a stopover is over 24 hours or of course if they sold you a flight from A to B with more than 24 hrs then thats still classed as a connection. $25 is not too much but you may have1 or 2 bags each and have to have factored the extra money into your flight cost.

Clive

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airline recommendation. Orlando to New York

Clive-yes my stopover was less than 24hrs but I deliberately booked flights separately as for some reason best known only to the gods it worked out £60 cheaper than flying direct LHR-MSP-SNA and arriving quite late at my final destination being no good to man nor beast plus it gave me the chance to visit the much fabled Mall of America

Edited: 9:03 am, November 09, 2013
Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,292 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airline recommendation. Orlando to New York

My vote goes to jet Blue. First bag is free & second bag is $40. For an economy airline, they are very comfortable.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,107 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airline recommendation. Orlando to New York

I think there is some confusion in the previous responses. I'm going to assume you've purchased the segments into MCO and out of New York already, and your question is what airline is best to get you from MCO to New York - one way. I think there are 5 airlines which do this. AA, UA, Jet Blue, Delta, and Southwest. If you are interested in a Southwest flight (free checked bags), I think your only non-stop option is ISP (Long Island airport). Jet Blue does fly non-stop, so it might be an option into JFK and LGA. Other airlines might add baggage fees, so this needs to be factored in your final cost - for example, the flight might be cheaper, but the fees might be more. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and www.southwest.com to explore options and specific days, then book directly with the airline.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,107 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airline recommendation. Orlando to New York

Oops, meant 5 airlines that fly non-stop to the NYC area airports.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,727 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Airline recommendation. Orlando to New York

Jetblue into / out of JFK or EWR

Southwest they only fly to LGA