We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin to Las Vegas (via LHR)

Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin to Las Vegas (via LHR)

Hi can anybody give me advice please as I have trawled the net for this and have got nowhere!! I am flying to Las Vegas from Dublin via Heathrow and don't know whether I'll be able to do my immigration clearance etc at Dublin. My booking is a BA booking with Aer Lingus operating the DUB -LHR flight. Thanks for any help :-)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,551 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin to Las Vegas (via LHR)

No, pre clearance is only for non stops to the US. If you have to connect, immigration will be in the USA upon arrival.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
360 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin to Las Vegas (via LHR)

You'll clear immigration in Las Vegas.

Unfortunately you'd only pre-clear in Dublin if you were on transferred via the USA (such as DUB-JFK-LAS or DUB-ORD-LAS) as it would be treated as a domestic arrival in the States. This is not so if you arrive on a flight from LHR.

Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin to Las Vegas (via LHR)

Thank you for your help.

armagh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin to Las Vegas (via LHR)

did this route 4 weeks ago cleared emigration at las vegas within 20 minutes it was no bother at all

Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dublin to Las Vegas (via LHR)

Thanks Sheesh1 that's good to know.

6. Re: Dublin to Las Vegas (via LHR)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 12, 2014