We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA manage my booking saying "E-ticket not issued yet"

Scotland
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
BA manage my booking saying "E-ticket not issued yet"

Hi,

Looking for some advice regarding a booking I have with BA holidays. (EDI-LGW-MCO)

Originally all flights were in WT and I upgraded the LGW - MCO flight to WT+. I have gone on to select seats for the flights but the flight to MCO now shows the following message:

"Your e-ticket has not yet been issued, so you cannot choose your seat. Please contact your booking agent."

I have also noticed my baggage allowance still only shows 1 checked bag.

It does show the correct travel class and the word "confirmed" everywhere else in the manage my booking page

I have phoned BA and they say it is with the service dept. How long should it take to re-issue the e-ticket.

Thanks

Will

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA manage my booking saying "E-ticket not issued yet"

I'd expect a day or two assuming its months away.

Edited: 12:09 pm, November 03, 2013
Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA manage my booking saying "E-ticket not issued yet"

Will1888 - sorry can't answer your query but it was just to remind you that if you have a WT+ flight to connect to in London, you will be able to use the lounge at Edinburgh. We didn't realise until our boarding card said Business UK and checking on this forum confirmed access to lounge for us at Glasgow. Enjoy!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA manage my booking saying "E-ticket not issued yet"

Reissuing tickets is done according to departure date so flights in the next few days are done first and later flights later. When I upgraded to club world in September it was about 6 weeks before my departure date and it took around a week to issue my new e-ticket.

Scotland
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA manage my booking saying "E-ticket not issued yet"

Thanks for the replys.

Flight is on the 3rd December so will give them a phone on Friday if it has not been re-issued

Will

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,394 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BA manage my booking saying "E-ticket not issued yet"

Made a booking-change on Wednesday and ticket was re-issued today. This was for a flight in 5 months so I'd expect yours to be re-issued quicker than that.

6. Re: BA manage my booking saying "E-ticket not issued yet"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, November 05, 2014