We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vueling on Expedia vs Direct

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
73 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Vueling on Expedia vs Direct

Vueling.com has a 59 Euro fare from Rome to Barcelona. If you go for their Optima fare, you get a checked bag included and the fare is 77 Euros. Expedia.es has the same flight on Vueling for 73 Euros. It's a Y class fare. Does that correspond to Vueling's Basic or Optima fare?

UK
Level Contributor
49,562 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vueling on Expedia vs Direct

No idea but for a paltry 4 euros saving book direct and remove a layer of hassle should there be any issues.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
Level Contributor
39,474 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vueling on Expedia vs Direct

As Joe says book direct.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vueling on Expedia vs Direct

No brainer, for the sake of 4euros book direct

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vueling on Expedia vs Direct

Yes agree with the others, book direct.

If the 4 Euros is a deal breaker still book direct and do without the coffee and newspaper at the airport.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
33,068 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vueling on Expedia vs Direct

I think that Expedia book with Iberia. Not sure they can book direct with Vueling. Of course Iberia own Vueling so they operate the flight. I think that the €73 fare will include a bag and seat selection. However the Optima fare direct with the airline gives you preferred seating at the front.

I doubt you will have issues booking on Expedia and you might also avoid the Vueling booking fee but if the difference is small then I also say book direct.

6. Re: Vueling on Expedia vs Direct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 31, 2014