We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qantas - Sin-Syd-Akl

singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
Qantas - Sin-Syd-Akl

I'll be travelling with my 14 month old towards AKL.

Like to know what options for baby food are available?

I have confirmed my bassinet and it now says that infant food for 0 to 11 months is being requested.

Do they have other options for 12 months and above like mashed potatoes etc? I have the feeling that they are probably serving bottled purees for 0 to 11 months?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
238 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Qantas - Sin-Syd-Akl

If its like other airlines then you will have pureed pots, see if you can request a child meal instead, or just take your own.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
16,193 posts
67 reviews
2. Re: Qantas - Sin-Syd-Akl

If you take your own at least you know it will be something that bubs is familiar with and likes.

The FAs on Qantas will warm the food and milk for you if you ask. And if you have your own at hand you can feed the baby whenever you want.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
21,766 posts
65 reviews
3. Re: Qantas - Sin-Syd-Akl

Good info from everyone above.

It's been about 18mths since we last saw baby food on a QF flight. It was a selection of Heinz baby food, purées and fruit jelly for the 0-12mths, and the children's meals aren't particularly nutritious. You're more likely to get better for your 14mth old by picking off an adult meal and mushing it yourself.

As Eva suggested, best to take your own, and the QF staff are very helpful and flexible with baby requests. On one particular flight, I didn't see my daughter for like an hour as the FA were busy taking turns playing with her.

Edited: 5:39 am, October 29, 2013
singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
4. Re: Qantas - Sin-Syd-Akl

Thanks all! I have been trying to get through their hotline and it's really hot. Waiting time of 10 mins and no one to attend to me. I suppose I'll bring my own proper food and hope my girl sleeps through!

Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
Level Contributor
3,268 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Qantas - Sin-Syd-Akl

If you are transiting in Sydney early morning, the best TransTasman flight is QF8764.

This is code shared on an Emirates A380 instead of making do with the domestic-grade Qantas Boeing 737-800. It also does the return sector from AKL departing mid afternoon.

Edited: 10:28 pm, November 11, 2013
6. Re: Qantas - Sin-Syd-Akl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 13, 2014